- Intercalation and grafting of layered inorganic structures with organic and metal-organic molecules, ions and complex ions.
- Synthesis of organometallic complexes, nanoparticles of metals, metal oxides and metal sulfides in nanoreactor of inorganic host matrices.
- Surface modification of inorganic matrices first of all layer silicates by anchoring of nanoparticles (metals, metal oxides and metal sulfides) grown directly on the silicate matrix.
- Nanocomposite coatings on the silicate matrix are prepared by gradual deposition of various types of nanoparticles on the silicate surface.
- Preparation of polymer-silicate-carbon nanocomposites by intercalation and delamination of silicate matrices.
- Nanoparticles for various types of nanocomposites are prepared by mechanical and chemical methods (chemical and electrochemical etching, chemical delamination of layered structure via intercalation) combined with microwave field. Milling and grinding of materials is carried out by dry jet milling, cryo-milling and hard materials grinding combined with microwave field. Nano/micro-particles are characterized with laser particle size analyzer, using dynamical light scattering.
- Development and optimization of XRF method for elemental analysis of natural and modified silicates,
- Development and optimization of scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and X-ray microanalysis for characterization of silicates.
Carbon materials and friction composites:
- Structural defects, particle size and shape evaluation in graphite and carbon materials and their impact on the composite properties
- Mechanism of friction processes
- Investigation of friction material components and their mutual interactions
- Optimization of friction materials composition
- Evaluation of friction products (i.e. friction layers and friction debris)
- Development and optimizing of methods for testing of friction composites and evaluation of wear materials,
- development of testing approaches for assessment of mechanical properties of friction composites,
- investigation of enviromental impact of wear particles released during braking,
- The search for optimum bacterial strain for a given type of metal and metal compound.
- Optimization of nanoparticles biosynthesis conditions with respect to the potential utilization in functional nanocomposites
- Development of methods for nanoparticles extraction and their characterization as to the morphology, particle size and structure.
- Anchoring of these nanoparticles on suitable inorganic matrices.
Chemical, phase analysis:
- Development of new analytical applications
- Development of new analytical methods in chromatographic analysis applied in testing of catalysts and sorbents.