Aims of the Course
Introduction to fundamental of joining process -fusion and solid-state welding, brazing, soldering, thermal cutting.
Intended Learning Outcomes
• Demonstrate by performing all safety procedures in the set-up and use of common welding equipment, cutting equipment, and other tools.
• Understand welding procedure specifications by displaying confidence and ability in passing job entry proficiency tests in (Shielded Metal Arc Welding)
SMAW,(Gas Metal Arc Welding) GMAW,(Gas Tungsten Arc Welding) GTAW processes.
• Interpret drawings, sketches, orthographic prints and weld symbols.
• Utilize mathematical skills by measuring, calculating material usage, and laying out projects to be manufactured.
• Effectively communicate welding and cutting processes and procedures