- Work with statistical data: the search and evaluation of economic data, their reliability;
- Common mistakes when working with statistical data, primary versus
2. Population and Czech Economy
- Population structure: basic demographic characteristics, including the trend of
- Demographic processes, including development trends;
3. Prognosis of population development, selected demographic problems and their
economic impact on society
- Social and economic impact of demographic aging of the Czech population, the situation in the EU and the world;
- Selected aspects of migration, economic consequences, the situation in the Czech Republic (CR) and the EU;
4. Human capital
- Definition of basic concepts: human capital, labor, employment,
unemployment; rate of unemployment in CR;
- Social and economic impacts of unemployment, relation between unemployment and economic growth;
5. The Living standard and quality of life
- Healthcare: health care system, financing,
- Education in CR
- Indicators of quality of life: Human development index, environmental index, etc.
- Living standards: statistics of household accounts, income, expenditure and
6. Macro-economic level of the Czech economy
- GDP and its measurement method, the shadow economy and other disadvantages of measuring GDP;
- Inflation and interest rates, the basic functions of a Central Bank;
- International comparisons and forecasts of further development of the Czech economy;
7. The public sector in the CR
- Private and public goods, social consensus, the welfare state;
- Basic principle of operation of the public budget, state spending
budget, creation of the state budget;
8. Foreign trade and balance of payments CR
- Commodity and territorial structure of foreign trade;
- The balance of services and tourism;
- Balance of payments: the link between individual accounts PB;
- Exchange rates and their impact on export;
- Support for export.
9. Transport, Energy and Environment CR
- Environment CR, compared with the past, structural changes in the economy,
current state of the environment in the CR;
- Transport - structure, impact on the environment, the link to economic growth;
- Energy - Energy resources and their utilization;
- New trends in transportation and alternative energy sources, biofuels,
10. The industry structure of the economy CR
- International classification of economic activities, sectors of the economy
- Agriculture - raw material base of the CR, - mining and quarrying
11. Industry and Construction
- Development of Czech industry since nineties to the present
- Construction: structure, transport infrastructure: the link to unemployment and
12. The service sector: development, some sectors: retail, banking,
information and communication activities.
13. Czech Republic in international comparison.
|TICHÁ, Michaela. Česká ekonomika na prahu 21. století v kontextu společenského vývoje. Ostrava: VŠB-TU Ostrava, 2015.
ČESKÝ STATISTICKÝ ÚŘAD. Statistická ročenka České republiky 2013 = Statistical yearbook of the Czech Republic 2013. Praha: Český statistický úřad, 2014. ISBN 978-80-250-2105-7.
ČESKÝ STATISTICKÝ ÚŘAD. Česká republika v datech: (1989 až 2009). Praha: Český statistický úřad, 2011. ISBN 978-80-250-2085-2.
ČESKÝ STATISTICKÝ ÚŘAD. Česká republika v mezinárodním srovnání: (vybrané údaje) = Czech Republic in international comparison (selected indicators). Praha: Český statistický úřad, 2014. ISBN 978-80-250-2163-7.