|Course Unit Code||228-0201/01|
|Number of ECTS Credits Allocated||5 ECTS credits|
|Type of Course Unit *||Compulsory|
|Level of Course Unit *||First Cycle|
|Year of Study *||First Year|
|Semester when the Course Unit is delivered||Summer Semester|
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-face|
|Language of Instruction||Czech, English|
|Prerequisites and Co-Requisites ||Course succeeds to compulsory courses of previous semester|
|Name of Lecturer(s)||Personal ID||Name|
|MIC60||Ing. Vladimíra Michalcová, Ph.D.|
|KRE13||prof. Ing. Martin Krejsa, Ph.D.|
|BRO12||doc. Ing. Jiří Brožovský, Ph.D.|
|KON09||doc. Ing. Petr Konečný, Ph.D.|
|The course Building statics is focused on simple statically determined bearing structures, which consists in calculating the reactions in external supports and determining the internal forces using equilibrium conditions. Part of the lessons is the analysis of the force systems in the plane and the space and the fundamentals of the kinematics, which are necessary to achieve the desired immobility of the supporting structure.|
|Learning Outcomes of the Course Unit|
|Students are introduced to basics of the structural mechanics (statics) with focus on the determination of the reactions and internal forces on the statically determined structures (beams, arches, and trusses).|
|Subject Building statics give students a basic information about solving force systems in plane and space, and learn to determine the reactions and internal forces in statically determinate selected supporting systems and beams in the plane and in case of trusses also in the space. Also is possible to get an idea of cross-section properties, which are still in use in statical calculations.
1. Introduction. Basic laws and principles of mechanics.
2. Linear and planar sets of forces, equilibrium conditions.
3. Carrying structures in civil engineering. Statical model of beam, loads and supports. Statical and kinematical determinity.
4. Internal forces. Equilibrium conditions in differential form. Computational analysis of simple beams.
5. Cantilever beam, beam with overhangs.
6. Cranked and curved beams. Arcs.
7. Combined beams in one plane.
8. Beams and arcs with hinges. Gerber's beam.
9. Planar trusses: method of joints.
10. Planar trusses: method of sections.
11. Statics of rigid body in 3D space. Spatially loaded beam.
12. Cranked beam in 3D.
13. Movable loading. Influence lines.
14. Classification of bearing structures. Introduction to loading of engineering structur
|Recommended or Required Reading|
|1. J.L. Meriam, L.G.Kraige : Engineering mechanics-statics, Wiley and Sons, USA, 2003.
2. Beer, F., et al., Vector mechanics for engineers. Statics and dynamics, McGraw-Hill, ISBN 978–0–07–352940–0, 2007.
|1. Benda, J., Stavební statika I., VŠB-TU Ostrava 2005, ISBN 80-248-0771-8.
2. Kadlčák, J., Kytýr, J., Statika stavebních konstrukcí I., VUTIUM Brno 1999.
|1. Timoshenko S.,Young D.H.: Engineering mechanics-statics ,Mc Graw-Hill, New York.
2. R.C. Hibbeler: Statics and mechanics of materials, Macmillan Publishing Company, USA, 1992
|1. Chobot, Benda, Hájek Novotná: Statika stavebních konstrukcí I, SNTL Praha 1982.
2. Petrtýl, Lipanská: Stavební mechanika I. Mechanika tuhých a poddajných těles v příkladech, Vydavatelství ČVUT Praha 1999
3. Harvančík, Pekarovič, Sobota: Stavebná mechanika Príklady, ALFA 1986
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods|
|Assesment methods and criteria|
|Task Title||Task Type||Maximum Number of Points|
(Act. for Subtasks)
|Minimum Number of Points for Task Passing|
|Exercises evaluation and Examination||Credit and Examination||100 (100)||51|
| Exercises evaluation||Credit||35 ||18|
| Examination||Examination||65 (65)||33|
| Written examination||Written examination||35 ||0|
| Oral||Oral examination||30 ||0|