|Course Unit Code||338-0538/01|
|Number of ECTS Credits Allocated||5 ECTS credits|
|Type of Course Unit *||Choice-compulsory|
|Level of Course Unit *||Second Cycle|
|Year of Study *||First Year|
|Semester when the Course Unit is delivered||Summer Semester|
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-face|
|Language of Instruction||Czech|
|Prerequisites and Co-Requisites ||Course succeeds to compulsory courses of previous semester|
|Name of Lecturer(s)||Personal ID||Name|
|KOZ30||prof. RNDr. Milada Kozubková, CSc.|
|RAU01||Ing. Jana Jablonská, Ph.D.|
|The course examines the application of the foundations of Hydromechanics to the the following areas:
- hydraulic-lines in steady and unsteady state (hydraulic shock) - practical problems, experimental measurements, calculations, using available software (Matlab-Simulink), comparison of mathematical a experimental output
- feeding equipment (mainly pumps), specific energy pump, Order by pump - theoretical and practical proposals for a system pump, complicated circuits with pumps in Matlab-Simulink
methods for solving of pressure forces the fluid flow on general areas
|Learning Outcomes of the Course Unit|
|The goal is to familiarize students with experimental and numerical methods for solving the application of Hydromechanics to the fire equipment issue. Students will analyze the characteristics of series and parallel arranged lines, hydraulic hammer, pump specific energy separate and arranged in series and parallel case and power flow on surface, where they will at first dealt with a steady state follows a time-dependent tasks. They will separately compile various located tasks in the software Matlab-Simulink and then compare the results with measured values from the experiment, the student performed in the laboratory department. Results will be compared and evaluated at the defense of the test.|
1. Physical properties of liquids and their measurements (density, viscosity liquids), the dependence on temperature a pressure
2. Static characteristics of hydraulic systems, simple lines, resistance to motion, friction, local resistance, a static pressure drop, characteristics of tubes
3. Simulation of pressure drop and static characteristics in the program SimHydraulics, SimHydraulics elements, calculation of the pressure gradient, calculation of static characteristics
4. Calculation of static characteristics of branched or complex network
5. Simulation of dynamic characteristics in the program SimHydraulics, unsteady flow, resistance to motion, resistance to acceleration, deformation resistance and hydraulic capacity, symbols of hydraulic resistance
6. Solving hydraulic shock, T -element, segmented pipeline, distributor, distributor control, numerical solutions - SimHydraulics, the speed of sound in pipes
7. Control elements
8. Solution of complex dynamics of hydraulic circuit using SimHydraulics
9. Solving a circuit with pumps, centrifugal pump in the SimHydraulics, 1D a 2D characteristics
10. Circuits with pumps, circuit - pressure drop, static characteristics, hydraulic shock
11. Ordering of pumps - serial, parallel, circuit
12. The momentum of water jet, the effects of power flowing fluid on surfaces and solids, the theorem of change of momentum, the application of theorems on the momentum exchange
13. Power effects of fluid flow on general surfaces and solids, the mathematical model of fluid flow, mass transfer, momentum, boundary conditions, conditions of entry a exit, network elements, methods of mathematical modeling of turbulent flow
14. Pressure forces on plate due to fluid flow from the nozzle - examples
1. Bernoulli's equation for ideal and real fluid loss calculation, Reynolds numbers, the coefficient of friction.
2. Measurement of physical properties of fluids - a program, static characteristics of pipes and arranged pipe - program.
3. Evaluation of measurement of physical properties of liquids in Excel, the evaluation of static characteristics of pipes and arranged pipe in the Excel.
4. Introduction to the Matlab, calculate the pressure gradient on one pipe.
5. Calculation of static characteristics of a pipe, creating subsystem variable input signal.
6. Transfer data to the Excel, the characteristics of serial and parallel arranged pipes and compared with Excel.
7. Measurement of of hydraulic shock - characteristics of pumps and arranged pumps - the program.
8. Evaluation of hydraulic shock measurement, determination of basic parameters at steady state of hydraulic shock.
9. Modelling of hydraulic shock for unsteady state, determine the effect of equivalent length, the coefficient of discharge valve and air flow on hydraulic shock.
10. Evaluation of measurement of pumps, serial and parallel arranging of pumps in the Excel, calculate power input, power and specific energy of pumps
11. Modelling of centrifugal pumps in Matlab and its ability to enter - 1D and 2D characteristics, identification of the basic parameters in the steady state of the pump.
12. Enter the catalog of the pump, affine relations for the basic parameters of the pump.
13. Modeling series and parallel arranging of pumps.
14. Comparison of the modeled arranging of pumps with the calculation in the Excel.
|Recommended or Required Reading|
|MILLER, D.S. Internal Flow Systems. BHRA (Information Servis). 1990. ISBN 0-947711-77-5.|
|KOZUBKOVÁ, Milada a kol. Mechanika tekutin, návody pro laboratorní cvičení. Ostrava: VŠB-TU Ostrava, 2007. 113 s. (Elektronická publikace na CD ROM).
BOJKO, M., KOZUBKOVÁ, M., RAUTOVÁ, J. Základy hydromechaniky a zásobování hasivy, Sdružení požárního a bezpečnostního inženýrství Ostrava, 2007, 182 s., ISBN 80-86634-53-1
KOZUBKOVÁ, M. Dynamika 2007, el. skripta, VŠB-TU Ostrava, 2007, 109 s.
MILLER, D.S. Internal Flow Systems. BHRA (Information Servis). 1990. ISBN 0-947711-77-5.
|MATLAB User's Guide. The Mathworks, Inc., USA, www.mathworks.com|
|DRÁBKOVÁ, Sylva a kol. Mechanika tekutin. Ostrava: VŠB-TU Ostrava, 2007. 248 s. (Elearningová učebnice).
DRÁBKOVÁ, S., KOZUBKOVÁ, M. Cvičení z mechaniky tekutin. Skripta. Ostrava: VŠB-TU Ostrava, FS, 2002, 141 str.
MATLAB User's Guide. The Mathworks, Inc., USA, www.mathworks.com
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods|
|Assesment methods and criteria|
|Task Title||Task Type||Maximum Number of Points|
(Act. for Subtasks)
|Minimum Number of Points for Task Passing|
|Exercises evaluation and Examination||Credit and Examination||100 (100)||51|
| Exercises evaluation||Credit||35 ||20|
| Examination||Examination||65 ||20|