|Qualification Awarded||Master degree, Ing.|
|Level of Qualification||Second Cycle|
|Access to Further Studies||The graduates may continue in a Third cycle|
|Graduation Requirements||120 ECTS Credits, Final state examination, Diploma thesis|
|Mode of Study||Full-time|
|Programme Director or Equivalent||Personal ID||Name|
|BER72||prof. Dr. Ing. Aleš Bernatík|
|Course Structure Diagram with ECTS Credits||1. year / Winter semester||1. year / Summer semester|
|30 ECTS Credits||30 ECTS Credits|
|2. year / Winter semester||2. year / Summer semester|
|30 ECTS Credits||30 ECTS Credits|
|Specific Admission Requirements|
|Specific admission requirements are determined by the Dean of the faculty. For more information please click here.|
|Specific Arrangements for the Recognition of Prior Learning|
|Informal learning - max. 60% of credits gained in prior lifelong learning can be recognized, as determined by the Dean of the Faculty.|
|Qualification Requirements and Regulations|
|Finished higher education in Bachelor's degree programme.|
|The Czech educational system is regulated by the Higher Education Act (Act 111/1998). Studies at VSB-TUO are regulated by the Statute of VSB – Technical University of Ostrava.|
|Profile of the Programme|
|The aim of the study program is to prepare risk management professionals - in the areas of occupational safety, health and environmental protection, fire protection in the context of an integrated safety concept, which is currently being promoted in multinational companies around the world. The study program is multidisciplinary, includes: risk analysis, risk prevention, treatment of residual risks (emergency and crisis planning), see full risk management cycle according to ISO 31000, using OHSAS (ISO 45001), ISO 14000 and ISO 22301. |
|Key Learning Outcomes|
|Key Lerning Outcomes are Expressed in following Structure: Knowledge, Skills, General competencies |
|Upon completion of the HSE Professional Study Program, the student will be prepared in terms of the following knowledge:
• Demonstrate knowledge of HSE policy, frameworks, principles, standards and regulations, taking into account technical, ethical and societal issues.
• Demonstrate research-based knowledge and a comprehensive understanding of all risk management steps (based on risk-based decision-making).
• Understand the complexity of working conditions, process safety, and business continuity, and the ability to correlate health issues, socio-economic, political, physical and environmental vulnerabilities.|
|Upon completion of the HSE Professional Program, the student will be prepared in terms of the following skills:
• Apply adequate methodologies to the theoretical and practical issues of HSE management based on scientific approaches and best practices.
• Identify, analyze and evaluate risks and vulnerabilities and propose adequate evidence-based prevention and risk reduction.
• Implement and monitor integrated risk reduction, risk response and recovery activities.
• Pass academic findings to an interdisciplinary audience.
• Effectively communicate with stakeholders of HSE management, planning and operations (including public administration and self-government).
• Investigate incidents and accidents and implement lessons learned.
• Work with complex systems, including uncertainty, identify and handle emerging risks and apply the precautionary principle.
• Monitor and evaluate safety and health indicators, make decisions based on them.|
|The graduate of the study program is equipped with the necessary range of technical, natural sciences and social disciplines, to the extent sufficient to solve complex safety problems in practice. While studying, the emphasis is on acquiring skills, especially through internships and guided practice. Graduates are also prepared for scientific research, especially in the field of safety and security.|
|Occupational Profiles of Graduates with Examples|
|The aim of the study is to equip the graduate with competencies enabling him to successfully apply himself in the labor market in the field of HSE (Health, Safety, Environment).|
|Examination Regulations, Assessment and Grading|
|Examination regulations, assesment and grading are described in the Study and Examination Rules.|
|Course block: Compulsory - all courses are compulsory.|
|Course block: Choice-compulsory - student has to choose at least one course from the list of courses.|
|Course block: Optional - student can choose any course from the list of courses.|
|IMPORTANT: Student has to select so many courses to reach 30 ECTS credits per semester. Rules in detail and convenient selection of courses can be consulted with the programmme director. |
Bellow stated courses are assigned for the degree studies only. Students coming to VSB-TUO for an exchange stay must select courses from the List of courses for exchange students.