|Qualification Awarded||Bachelor degree, Bc.|
|Level of Qualification||First Cycle|
|Access to Further Studies||The graduates may continue in a Second cycle|
|Graduation Requirements||180 ECTS Credits, Final state examination, Bachelor thesis|
|Mode of Study||Full-time|
|Programme Director or Equivalent||Personal ID||Name|
|BIL45||doc. Ing. Petr Bilík, Ph.D.|
|Course Structure Diagram with ECTS Credits||1. year / Winter semester||1. year / Summer semester|
|30 ECTS Credits||30 ECTS Credits|
|2. year / Winter semester||2. year / Summer semester|
|30 ECTS Credits||30 ECTS Credits|
|3. year / Winter semester||3. year / Summer semester|
|30 ECTS Credits||30 ECTS Credits|
|Specific Admission Requirements|
|Specific admission requirements are determined by the Dean of the faculty. For more information please click here.|
|Specific Arrangements for the Recognition of Prior Learning|
|Informal learning - max. 60% of credits gained in prior lifelong learning can be recognized, as determined by the Dean of the Faculty.|
|Qualification Requirements and Regulations|
|Finished secondary education with secondary school-leaving exam.|
|The Czech educational system is regulated by the Higher Education Act (Act 111/1998). Studies at VSB-TUO are regulated by the Statute of VSB – Technical University of Ostrava.|
|Profile of the Programme|
|The aim of the study of bachelor's program is to prepare experts in the field of control, information and measurement systems. They are electrotechnical bachelors who, after graduation, master the design, implementation, maintenance of hardware and software of control, information and measurement techniques. The assembly of study plan has taken into account the requirements of companies operating in the field of application of graduates of the program and also has taken into account the standard content of similarly oriented programs at foreign and domestic universities.
The program is based on three pillars:
- Theoretical basis - mathematics, physics, theoretical electrical engineering
- Basic set of theoretical subjects of profiling base - measurement, cybernetics, signals, electronics, power engineering.
- Set of subjects of profiling base - sensors, embedded systems, industrial control systems, virtual instrumentation, robotics.
|Key Learning Outcomes|
|Key Lerning Outcomes are Expressed in following Structure: Knowledge, Skills, General competencies |
|Graduates are trained as electrical technicians with knowledge of control, information and measurement techniques, robotics. The basics are knowledge of mathematics, physics, electrical engineering and technical cybernetics. They are followed by professional and practical knowledge of low-current and heavy-current electronics, especially microprocessor techniques, computer techniques used in control, information and measurement systems. The bachelor's graduate is thus professionally qualified as a fully-trained electrotechnical expert, who can act especially in the area of automation, control, information and measurement systems. He can tackle problems related both to hardware and software parts of these systems. He also masters the basics of the design of these systems. Due to the extent and practical orientation of the specialization, the graduates are also well oriented in related specializations, such as communication technology, general information technology, microelectronics etc.
Within the study of the program the emphasis is given on graduates to be equipped with professional knowledge immediately applicable in practice - a good theoretical basis and the maximum of practical experience.
|Graduate is an electrotechnical bachelor who, after completion of his studies, has the following skills:
- General technical basics - mathematics, physics, electrotechnics.
- Theoretical basics of the specialization - measurement, cybernetics, signals, electronics.
- Design, implementation, maintenance of industrial control systems. Within this area the student applies the means of industrial automation and robotics for the control of production lines, machines and processes.
- Design, implementation, maintenance of embedded control systems. Within this area the student designs electronic systems based on microcontrollers, microprocessors, develops their software equipment and deploys them in various types of applications.
- Design, implementation, maintenance of measurement systems, sensors and testing. Within these fields the student applies methods and means of measurement of electrical and non-electrical signals, develops systems based on virtual instrumentation, deals with the processing of signals from measurement.
|These knowledge and skills are nowadays highly requested in the labor market as they are key to ensure digitization of production, which is the most significant trend in today's industry. Graduates will gain professional competence to be applied in a wide range of companies, such as in engineering ones who develop and deliver automation, measurement systems, embedded electronics, as well as in manufacturing companies where maintenance, digitization of the production process, etc. have to be tackled.|
|Occupational Profiles of Graduates with Examples|
|The employability of graduates in the labor market is excellent. The number of graduates is currently unable to meet requirements raised by companies.
Graduates work mainly in automation, control, information and measurement systems. They are able to solve the hardware and software problems related to these systems, they also master the basics of the design of these systems. Graduates find use in development, design and implementation of these systems, putting them into practice and maintaining them. Outside the industry, they apply in the field of services, transport and others.
Typical employers of program graduates are as follows:
- Companies engaged in engineering activities in the field of automation, measurement, development of embedded electronic systems.
- Companies engaged in mechanical production, production of electronic products, companies being active in metallurgy and many others, where automation and digitization of production have to be tackled.
- Due to the fact that the specialization is quite broad and it combines the knowledge of electrical engineering and computer science, graduates are also often employed in companies dealing with information technologies, communication technologies, etc.
Typical job positions are as follows:
- Programmer of industrial control systems.
- Designer of measurement and regulation systems, and automated control systems.
- Developer of HW Embedded Systems.
- Developer of SW Embedded Systems.
- Testers of electronic systems.
- Maintenance worker of automated manufacturing systems.
- HMI / SCADA systems programmer.
- Worker dealing with measurement and data acquisition.|
|Examination Regulations, Assessment and Grading|
|Examination regulations, assesment and grading are described in the Study and Examination Rules.|
|Course block: Compulsory - all courses are compulsory.|
|Course block: Choice-compulsory - student has to choose at least one course from the list of courses.|
|Course block: Optional - student can choose any course from the list of courses.|
|IMPORTANT: Student has to select so many courses to reach 30 ECTS credits per semester. Rules in detail and convenient selection of courses can be consulted with the programmme director. |
Bellow stated courses are assigned for the degree studies only. Students coming to VSB-TUO for an exchange stay must select courses from the List of courses for exchange students.