|Qualification Awarded||Master degree, Ing.|
|Level of Qualification||Second Cycle|
|Access to Further Studies||The graduates may continue in a Third cycle|
|Graduation Requirements||120 ECTS Credits, Final state examination, Diploma thesis|
|Mode of Study||Full-time|
|Programme Director or Equivalent||Personal ID||Name|
|RUS40||prof. Ing. Stanislav Rusek, CSc.|
|Course Structure Diagram with ECTS Credits||1. year / Winter semester||1. year / Summer semester|
|30 ECTS Credits||30 ECTS Credits|
|2. year / Winter semester||2. year / Summer semester|
|30 ECTS Credits||30 ECTS Credits|
|Specific Admission Requirements|
|Specific admission requirements are determined by the Dean of the faculty. For more information please click here.|
|Specific Arrangements for the Recognition of Prior Learning|
|Informal learning - max. 60% of credits gained in prior lifelong learning can be recognized, as determined by the Dean of the Faculty.|
|Qualification Requirements and Regulations|
|Finished higher education in Bachelor's degree programme.|
|The Czech educational system is regulated by the Higher Education Act (Act 111/1998). Studies at VSB-TUO are regulated by the Statute of VSB – Technical University of Ostrava.|
|Profile of the Programme|
|The follow-up master's degree program in Electrical Power Engineering is focused on independent creative activities in particular areas of electrical power engineering, which include especially:
- production, transmission and distribution of electricity,
- electrical machines and apparatus,
- use of electrical energy in the electric light area.
Therefore, the study is focused on deepening the theoretical basis of electrotechnical disciplines and on a more detailed introduction to up-to-date knowledge in narrower focus, which is followed by the topic of the thesis. The Master's program enables students to build on related bachelor study programs offered at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science of VŠB-TUO and other universities.
The aim of the master's degree program is to educate professionals who develop their ability to work independently in bachelor's degree programs. By further study of theoretical and application courses according to the study curriculum and elaboration of the master thesis, the student demonstrates the ability to apply the knowledge of the studied programme in a creative way. The study basis of the program consists of the courses Functions of Complex Variable and Integral Transformations, Power Engineering Theory and Selected Principles of Electrical Power Engineering. The theoretical foundations are followed by courses with a practical focus on the production and distribution of electricity or electrical machines and apparatus or electric light.|
|Key Learning Outcomes|
|Key Lerning Outcomes are Expressed in following Structure: Knowledge, Skills, General competencies |
|Graduates of the continuation Master’s study program demonstrate:
- a broad knowledge and understanding of the subject and scope of the discipline corresponding to the contemporary state of the knowledge.
- a wide and/or deep knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and methods appropriate to the contemporary state of knowledge of the discipline.
- an understanding of the possibilities, conditions and restrictions on the use of knowledge of related disciplines.
|Graduates of the continuation Master’s study program are able to:
- using their expertise, independently identify and creatively solve theoretical or practical problems in the field.
- solve complex problems independently and creatively using selected theories, concepts and methods of the discipline.
- use some of the advanced research methods of the discipline in a way which enables the acquisition of new and original information.
|Students of the continuation Master’s study program are able to:
- make independent and responsible decisions within new or changing contexts or in a fundamentally changing environment, taking into account the wider social implications of the decision.
- according to the evolving context and the available resources, define the terms of reference for professional activities, coordinate them, and bear the ultimate responsibility for their results.
- independently solve an ethical problem.
- clearly and persuasively communicate their own expert opinions both to professionals and to the general public.
- use their expertise, skills and general competence in at least one foreign language.
- plan, support and manage the acquisition of additional expertise, skills and competencies of other team members, using the theoretical knowledge of the discipline.
|Occupational Profiles of Graduates with Examples|
|Graduates of Electrical Power Engineering are able to solve operational and technical problems in the production, transmission, distribution and use of electricity. Graduates will find jobs in managerial and executive positions in the phase of installation, commissioning, maintenance and operation of electrical equipment, in technical, design, investment and operating departments of power plants and transmission and distribution companies, power dispatch centres, departments of preparation and operation of the power grid, in the technical, design, investment, installation and operational units of industrial plants, in the use of electricity in industry, in addressing the issues of electric drives, electro-thermal equipment, electric lighting of indoor and outdoor spaces, as well as in testing, technical inspection and in research and development institutes.|
|Examination Regulations, Assessment and Grading|
|Examination regulations, assesment and grading are described in the Study and Examination Rules.|
|Course block: Compulsory - all courses are compulsory.|
|Course block: Choice-compulsory - student has to choose at least one course from the list of courses.|
|Course block: Optional - student can choose any course from the list of courses.|
|IMPORTANT: Student has to select so many courses to reach 30 ECTS credits per semester. Rules in detail and convenient selection of courses can be consulted with the programmme director. |
Bellow stated courses are assigned for the degree studies only. Students coming to VSB-TUO for an exchange stay must select courses from the List of courses for exchange students.