|Course Unit Code||618-2024/03|
|Number of ECTS Credits Allocated||5 ECTS credits|
|Type of Course Unit *||Choice-compulsory type B|
|Level of Course Unit *||First Cycle|
|Year of Study *||Third Year|
|Semester when the Course Unit is delivered||Summer Semester|
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-face|
|Language of Instruction||Czech|
|Prerequisites and Co-Requisites ||Course succeeds to compulsory courses of previous semester|
|Name of Lecturer(s)||Personal ID||Name|
|HAM33||doc. Ing. Jiří Hampl, Ph.D.|
|The subject is aimed at application of computer technology for manufacture of patterns, molds, and castings. It makes acquainted the students with Rapid prototyping methods and their utilization in industrial applications. Further on it is aimed at acquisition and processing of 3D data for control of technological and manufacturing processes.|
|Learning Outcomes of the Course Unit|
- the student will be able to characterize the Rapid prototyping methods
- the student will be able to orientate in the application of individual RP methods
- the student will be able to known basic principles of using the computer technology for control of technological and manufacturing processes
- the student will be able to obtain and process the 3D data with the aid of computer technology
- the student will be able to apply the computer t methods for manufacture of castings
- the student will be able to choose a suitable RP method for manufacture of a pattern, a mold based on gained information
| 1. Introduction in principles and preparation of pattern equipment and moulds
2. Utilization of computer technology for control of technological and manufacturing processes
3. Utilization of 3D modelling and graphic programs for formation of pattern equipment and moulds. Conversion of real bodies in 3D coordinates, data acquisition and processing.
4. Editing and export of 3D data for the needs of manufacture of a 3D pattern
5. Basic methods of Rapid prototyping (RP) technologies. Comparison of individual technologies, advantages and deficiencies
6. RP methods based on photopolymers and solid materials
7. RP methods based on powder materials
8. Post processing – final processing of patterns
|Recommended or Required Reading|
|CHUA, C.K. et. al. Rapid Prototyping: principles and Applications. Singapure: World Scientific Publishing Co. 2010. ISBN 978-981-277-897-0 .
WATT, A. and M. WATT. Advanced Animation and Rendering Techniques – Theory and Practice. New York: ACM Press, 1992. ISBN 0201544121.
|ŽÁRA, J. et. al. Moderní počítačová grafika. Brno: Albatros Media, Computer press, 1998. EAN 9788025104545.
BEŇO, J. a P. LICHÝ. Výroba odlitku pomocí metod Rapid prototyping a přesného lití. Ostrava: VŠB - Technická univerzita Ostrava, multimediální opora, 2014.
HERMAN, A. a kol. Počítačové simulace ve slévárenství, učební texty ČVUT Praha, 2000.
CHUA, C.K. et. al. Rapid Prototyping: principles and Applications. Singapure: World Scientific Publishing Co. 2010. ISBN 978-981-277-897-0.
|ERTTL, T. Computer Graphics-Principles and Practice. Vienna: 1996. ISBN 978-3-211-82806-9.
|HLAVÁČ, V. a M. ŠONKA. Počítačové vidění. Praha: Grada Praha, 1992.
ERTTL, T. Computer Graphics-Principles and Practice. Vienna: 1996. ISBN 978-3-211-82806-9.
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods|
|Lectures, Individual consultations, Tutorials, Other activities|
|Assesment methods and criteria|
|Task Title||Task Type||Maximum Number of Points|
(Act. for Subtasks)
|Minimum Number of Points for Task Passing|
|Credit and Examination||Credit and Examination||100 (100)||51|
| Credit||Credit||30 ||20|
| Examination||Examination||70 ||30|