|Qualification Awarded||Master degree, Ing.|
|Level of Qualification||Second Cycle|
|Access to Further Studies||The graduates may continue in a Third cycle|
|Graduation Requirements||120 ECTS Credits, Final state examination, Diploma thesis|
|Mode of Study||Full-time|
|Programme Director or Equivalent||Personal ID||Name|
|BET37||doc. Ing. Petra Váňová, Ph.D.|
|Course Structure Diagram with ECTS Credits||1. year / Winter semester||1. year / Summer semester|
|30 ECTS Credits||30 ECTS Credits|
|2. year / Winter semester||2. year / Summer semester|
|30 ECTS Credits||30 ECTS Credits|
|Specific Admission Requirements|
|Specific admission requirements are determined by the Dean of the faculty. For more information please click here.|
|Specific Arrangements for the Recognition of Prior Learning|
|Informal learning - max. 60% of credits gained in prior lifelong learning can be recognized, as determined by the Dean of the Faculty.|
|Qualification Requirements and Regulations|
|Finished higher education in Bachelor's degree programme.|
|The Czech educational system is regulated by the Higher Education Act (Act 111/1998). Studies at VSB-TUO are regulated by the Statute of VSB – Technical University of Ostrava.|
|Profile of the Programme|
|The primary objective of the study is to endue students with such knowledge and skills as to be able to analyze materials, their production technologies, utility properties, etc.; furthermore to carry out an advanced design of engineering materials for the given conditions of use; to design appropriate kinds of tests to evaluate the properties of materials and methods for evaluating structural characteristics, to interpret the tests competently and to be able to carry out certain kinds of tests themselves; to perform expertise in the field of materials engineering, etc.|
|Key Learning Outcomes|
|Key Lerning Outcomes are Expressed in following Structure: Knowledge, Skills, General competencies |
|The graduates of the study program:
• Demonstrate knowledge of basic theoretical courses – e.g solid state physics, phase transformations, physical metallurgy, fracture mechanics at a level making possible their application in other courses and in engineering practice.
• Master detailed characteristics of advanced engineering materials including materials for special purposes; they understand in particular detailed relations between their internal structure and properties in use; they also understand advanced concepts of increasing materials properties through changes in production technologies and material structure changes.
• Are able to characterize both basic and advanced methods of materials properties testing, as well as sophisticated methods of structure phase analysis of materials. They are capable to choose appropriate testing methods to evaluate the properties and structure for different types of materials and different conditions of use.
• They master advanced concepts of materials degradation processes and characteristics that determine resistance of materials to these degradation processes.
• They are aware of the limits of defined concepts, approaches, conditions of their use, or their limitations in practice.
|Graduates are able independently and creatively:
• To perform a comprehensive analysis of materials, their production technologies, utility properties, etc.; to analyze and evaluate existing technical solutions in the field of materials and also propose new solutions.
• To perform advanced design (selection) of engineering materials for given conditions of use (mechanical loading, external environment, etc.).
• To propose appropriate kinds of tests to evaluate properties of materials and methods for evaluation of structure characteristics, to interpret testing results competently and to carry out some kinds of tests by themselves.
• To perform demanding expertise in the field of materials engineering.
• To analyze the relevant information and on their basis to evaluate existing technological processes in the materials production and processing, or to propose new technological procedures.
• To use obtained knowledge for the theoretical and experimental research of materials, especially for research and development of new materials with increased utility properties and their introduction into production.
|The graduates dispose of general competencies in the extent that is defined by the National qualifications framework for tertiary education with emphasis to communication, governing and organization skills. They are able to communicate at least in one foreign language. |
|Occupational Profiles of Graduates with Examples|
|Graduates will find a wide range of jobs in engineering, metallurgical, automotive industry, in companies oriented to the production and/or processing of polymer materials, ceramics, etc. as highly qualified experts for solving a wide range of materials problems, e.g. as technologists, managers, etc. Graduates can also find employment in institutions dealing with research and development in the field of materials.|
|Examination Regulations, Assessment and Grading|
|Examination regulations, assesment and grading are described in the Study and Examination Rules.|
|Course block: Compulsory - all courses are compulsory.|
|Course block: Choice-compulsory - student has to choose at least one course from the list of courses.|
|Course block: Optional - student can choose any course from the list of courses.|
|IMPORTANT: Student has to select so many courses to reach 30 ECTS credits per semester. Rules in detail and convenient selection of courses can be consulted with the programmme director. |
Bellow stated courses are assigned for the degree studies only. Students coming to VSB-TUO for an exchange stay must select courses from the List of courses for exchange students.