|Course Unit Code||546-0487/03|
|Number of ECTS Credits Allocated||4 ECTS credits|
|Type of Course Unit *||Compulsory|
|Level of Course Unit *||Second Cycle|
|Year of Study *||First Year|
|Semester when the Course Unit is delivered||Summer Semester|
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-face|
|Language of Instruction||Czech|
|Prerequisites and Co-Requisites ||Course succeeds to compulsory courses of previous semester|
|Name of Lecturer(s)||Personal ID||Name|
|DVO203||doc. Ing. Tomáš Dvorský, Ph.D. Paed.IGIP|
|Subject list-form of macroinstruction: - basic notions and terms about water
stream like habitat corridor; - present state water stream in CR; - function of small water stream in the landscape; - starting groundwork for revitalization; - manners evaluation current state water stream; - engineering, biological and biotechnics cautions used at revitalization; - with solving adjustments and revitalization stream concerning to agriculture, forestry and recreation inhabitant; - with ichthyological standpoints revitalization of water stream.
|Learning Outcomes of the Course Unit|
|Build, organize, and evaluate the necessary documents and data for the revitalization of water courses.
Assess, evaluate and express the extent necessary revitalization of the water flow in the area.
Based on previously acquired knowledge of technically and biologically oriented subjects to formulate, explain and justify the need for implementation of the revitalization of river systems.
Suggest a modification of the variants of solution proposals for the revitalization of water flow conditions of each individual water flow in relation to its surroundings.
|1. Introduction - basic concepts and relations watercourse as a bio-corridor.
2. Present status of watercourses in the CR - regulation of water flows in the CR, the negative effects of changes of water flows.
3. Small rivers - feature in the landscape, the current status.
4. Revitalization of streams - ecological and landscape assessment of watercourses, the general principles of revitalization.
5. Defeault basis for revitalization - administrative data, characteristics of natural conditions, hydrological, geological, hydrogeological, pedological exploration, surveying documents.
6. Evaluation of current state of flux - part of building the technical, biological and biotechnical part, the quality of water in a river.
7. Evaluation of current state of objects on the stream. Situational solutions transverse and longitudinal profile and relationship to the abstraction of water - water supply and wastewater treatment.
8. Construction technical measures used to revitalize - the principles of ecological adaptations of watercourses, construction used when editing through (in the transverse and longitudinal profile, strengthening the bottom and sides).
9. Biotechnical and biological measures for the revitalization - riparian vegetation, the accompanying vegetation (vegetation types, their planting and maintenance), their purpose and meaning.
10. Biotechniccal and biological measures for the revitalization - vegetation protection zones and inundation areas (types of vegetation, the planting and maintenance), their purpose and meaning.
11. Solution adjustment and revitalization flows in relation to agriculture and forestry, the importance of the natural accumulation of water, water streams and protected areas, the possibility of maintaining "gone-wild rivers' water flow as a bio-corridor.
12. Solution adjustment and revitalization in relation to the recreation of the population (including technical and social facilities), the possibility of applying the principles of revitalization in urban areas, related to flood measures.
13. Ichtyological terms of revitalization of water courses.
|Recommended or Required Reading|
|ŠLEZINGR, Miloslav. Revitalizace toků: příspěvek k problematice úprav vodních toků. Brno: VUTIUM, 2010. ISBN 978-80-214-3942-9.
Vyhláška č. 24/2011 Sb. - Vyhláška o plánech povodí a plánech pro zvládání povodňových rizik.
ŠIMÍČEK, Václav. Břehové a doprovodné porosty vodních toků - součast lužních ekosystémů. Praha: Agrospoj, 1999.
TLAPÁK, V. a J. HERYNEK. The Function of Landscape Segments from Point of View of Flood Protection Possibilities. Brno: Res Publica Bohemica, 2005.
|Volker Lüderitz, Robert Jüpner, Stefan Müller, Christian K. Feld:
Renaturalization of streams and rivers — the special importance of integrated ecological methods in measurement of success. An example from Saxony-Anhalt (Germany) Original Research Article Limnologica - Ecology and Management of Inland Waters, Volume 34, Issue 3, October 2004, Pages 249-263.
|RAPLÍK, Milan, Pavel VÝBORA a Karel MAREŠ. Úprava tokov. Bratislava: Alfa, 1989. Edícia stavebníckej literatúry. ISBN 80-05-00128-2.
MAREŠ, Karel. Úpravy toků: navrhování koryt. 2. vyd. Praha: České vysoké učení technické, 1993. ISBN 80-01-00903-3.
EHRLICH, P. a kol. Revitalizační úpravy potoků – objekty, Metodika 14/1994,VÚMOP Praha 1994.
MILTNER, Robert J., Dale WHITE a Chris YODER. The Biotic Integrity of Streams in Urban and Suburbanizing Landscapes. Landscape and Urban Planning. 2004, roč. 69, č. 1, s. 87-100.
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods|
|Lectures, Tutorials, Terrain work|
|Assesment methods and criteria|
|Task Title||Task Type||Maximum Number of Points|
(Act. for Subtasks)
|Minimum Number of Points for Task Passing|
|Credit and Examination||Credit and Examination||100 (100)||51|
| Credit||Credit||33 ||17|
| Examination||Examination||67 ||18|