|Course Unit Code||546-0343/04|
|Number of ECTS Credits Allocated||2 ECTS credits|
|Type of Course Unit *||Choice-compulsory type B|
|Level of Course Unit *||Second Cycle|
|Year of Study *||Second Year|
|Semester when the Course Unit is delivered||Summer Semester|
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-face|
|Language of Instruction||Czech|
|Prerequisites and Co-Requisites ||Course succeeds to compulsory courses of previous semester|
|Name of Lecturer(s)||Personal ID||Name|
|KRE71||Ing. Hana Švehláková, Ph.D.|
|Forestry and Agriculture in the Landscape. Functions of landscape greenery.
Landcape planning. Determination of trees and shrubs.
|Learning Outcomes of the Course Unit|
|Students will learn the basics of landscape ecology and landscape function of agricultural and forestry elements in the landscape. Further benefits and skills of graduates of the course is a practical introduction to various sources of data and information in agricultural and forestry practices. Students gain practical perspective on the issues of forestry and agriculture in the landscape. They are able to present the results of individual work and learn how to search for sources of information and the processing of this research.
|1. Greenery of settlements - classification and meaning. Greenery of the landscape - classification and meaning. Features permanent greenery in the landscape.
2. Permanent non-forest greenery, classification, function and significance. Protection of forest and non-forest permanent greenery.
3. Vegetation gradation in the Czech Republic (Zlatník, Skalický), groups of geobiocene types.
4. Forest - function of the forest, division of the forest according to the intensity of human influence. Forest typology, forest typological map.
5. History of forest development in the Czech Republic. Economic methods of forest management. Forest management plan. Natural forest areas. Forestry in the landscape, the effects of forestry on the landscape.
6. Agricultural land fund. Comprehensive soil survey, evaluation information system, certified soil-ecological unit.
7. Agriculture in the landscape, the effects of agriculture on the landscape. Alternative agriculture.
8. Skeleton of ecological stability. Degrees of ecological stability, biochora, Groups of types of biogeocenes.
9. Local territorial system of ecological stability. Regional territorial system of ecological stability. Supraregional territorial system of ecological stability.
10. Land improvements.
11. Landscape planning - methodology and significance.
12. Sustainable development in forestry and agriculture.
13. Ecological carrying capacity in the landscape.
14. Landscape character - characteristics, categories, meaning.
|Recommended or Required Reading|
|1. FORMAN, R.T.T. Land Mosaics - the ecology od landscapes and regions. Cambridge University Press.1995.
2. NAVEH, Z., LIEBRMANN, A.S., 1990 Landscape Ecology Theory and Aplication. New York, 1990.
3. PEDROLI B., A. VAN DOORN, G. DE BLUST, PARACCHINI M.L., WASCHER D., BUNCE F.Europe´s living landscapes. KNNV Publishing, Zeist, 2007.
4. BARNES, B.V. Forest Ecology. 4th ed. NY John Wiley, 1998.
|KUBEŠ, J. Plánování venkovské krajiny. Ostrava: VŠB - TU Ostrava, Projekt Phare, svazek 13. 1996.
MÍCHAL, I. Ekologická stabilita lesů. Praha: Academia, 1992.
PEDROLI B., A. VAN DOORN, G. DE BLUST, M. L. PARACCHINI, D. WASCHER a F. BUNCE. Europe´s living landscapes. Zeist: KNNV Publishing, 2007.
SKLENIČKA, P. Základy krajinného plánování. Praha. 2003.
|1. Ashler W. Communities and sustainable Forestry. Institute for Contemporary Study. 1995.
2. Boulding J.R. Practical Handbook of Soil, Vadose Zone and Ground-Water Contamination. Assessment, Prevention and Remediation. Lewis Publishers, Tokyo. 1995.
3. Tress, B., Tress, G., Fry, G., Opdam, P. (eds.) From landscape research to landscape planning: Aspects of integration, education and application. Springer. Amsterdam. 2005.
4. THE LANDSCAPE INSTITUTE. Guidelines for Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment, Spon Press 2002.
|KLIMO, E. Ekologie lesa. Brno: VŠZ v Brně, 1994.
PRIMACK R. B., P. KINDLMANN a J. JERSÁKOVÁ. Úvod do biologie ochrany přírody. Portál, 2011.
MĚKOTOVÁ, J. Principy v obecné a aplikované krajinné ekologii. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci, 2007.
Boulding J.R. Practical Handbook of Soil, Vadose Zone and Ground-Water Contamination. Assessment, Prevention and Remediation. Lewis Publishers, Tokyo. 1995.
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods|
|Lectures, Seminars, Terrain work|
|Assesment methods and criteria|
|Task Title||Task Type||Maximum Number of Points|
(Act. for Subtasks)
|Minimum Number of Points for Task Passing|
|Graded credit||Graded credit||100 ||51|