- The official language in the Czech Republic is Czech, West Slavic language which belongs to the family of Indo-European languages.
- It is more or less mutually intelligible with Slovak, Polish, Serbo-Croatian and Russian.
- The only language in the world which contains the letter “ř”.
Do you want master Czech language before your arrival?
- Wherever you are, start your Czech e-learning today.
- Explore the basics of conversation in Czech. Start with phrases such as “Hello”, “Good morning”, “Thank you” and get better with every new topic. Learn how to order food in the restaurant, ask somebody for the direction, ask about bus schedule, and speak with a doctor.
Learn Czech now.
- More detailed free courses are also available online. You can start with elementary level at the beginning and continue lesson by lesson.
Do you wish to learn Czech on campus?
- There are couple of options for you. One may attend paid Czech language courses for foreigners organised by Department of languages, which are suitable especially for groups of students who are interested in intensive language learning.
- Exchange and degree students may attend classes Czech language for foreigners I. – II. and receive credits.