Master and Doctoral degree candidates
This can be defined as the recognition of diplomas, qualifications or parts of study programmes of a foreign educational institution by another educational institution.
Such recognition is considered as the basis for acceptance for further study at the university. Under Czech law, students who have obtained their Bachelor or Master degree abroad are required to obtain an official document to say that their education is recognised in the Czech Republic, before they can register for a degree programme at a Czech university. Officially this documents is called „Rozhodnutí a Osvědčení o uznání vysokoškolského vzdělání a kvalifikace v České republice“ (The decision and the certificate on the recognition of the university education and qualification in the Czech Republic).
The documents demanded:
- Application form for Recognition
- Original or a certified copy of the foreign diploma
- An official transcript of grades from the whole of the student´s earlier university studies (diploma supplement)
- Official Czech or English translations of both documents
- In case of some countries, where demanded by the relevant international agreement, must be an apostile (official certification issued in the country of origin, which certifies that the document is authentic).
If an international agreement on the recognition of equivalence exists, confirmation of the equivalence can be issued.
If not, the authenticity of the content of the translated documents must be verified by a competent authority. The authenticity of signatures and stamps on original documentation must be verified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the state which is the seat of the institution that had issued the document and by the embassy of the Czech Republic in the respective country. Such legislation is not required for documents coming from countries which are parties to a relevant international agreement abolishing the requirement of legislation for foreign public documents.
Application Form for Recognition
The competent authority
A public university which has a degree programme equivalent to the one that the student studied abroad.
Contact at VŠB-TUO
Detailed information can be found at the website of the Ministry for education youth and sports.