- As the Czech Republic is within the Schengen area, state borders can be crossed without a border check.
- Border checks are performed only at external Schengen borders.
- Citizen of the EU, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, or Switzerland must have a valid travel document or an identity card.
How to APPLY FOR A LONG-TERM VISA?
First, prepare documents
- completed application form
- travel document
- 2 photographs
- proof of accommodation
- document on enrolment in studies
- proof of funds
Upon request you should also submit
- document similar to an extract from the Penal Register record
- medical report
Second, contact the Czech Embassy at your home country and an admissions specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third, if your application was approved you will have to submit a proof of medical travel insurance before affixing the visa.
Submission of application
- In many countries a visa interview appointment should be arranged for you by VSB-TUO
- Download an application form for visa.
- Look at basic supporting documents.
- All of the documents submitted must be made out in the Czech language or officially translated into Czech.
- In some countries students who want to get a visa for autumn semester are strongly advised to submit application even in April or May.
- As the process can take a long time - you should APPLY FOR YOUR VISA AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE!!
- Each Czech Embassy has a website providing instructions on how to prepare for the visa application process.
- See the Czech Embassy in your country.
- The website can also tell you the expected wait time for a visa in your country, which is usually 60 days.
- You will need to pay a fee for the visa application in your country at the Czech Embassy or Consulate.
- Pull together all required materials.
- Keep two copies of every document for your records.
- Nationals of EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland and third countries have to report their presence in the CzechRepublic at the Foreign Police Department depending on the location of the place of their stay to register stay in the CR.