New summer semester schedule has been set for the academic year 2019/2020, and it is as follows:
- The end of the summer semester (SS): 31 May 2020 (the credit week: 25 – 31 May)
Originally, the end of the SS was planned for 17 May 2020.
- The Examination period: 1 June – 19 July 2020
Originally, the examination period was planned for 18 May – 5 July 2020.
- The end of the academic year 2019/2020: 31 August 2020 (this date has remained unchanged).
The following dates will be set by the faculties themselves and must be announced no later than 20 April 2020.
- The end of the semester for shortened semesters of the final years (there must be space for fulfilling the conditions of all subjects and those repeated by students from the previous year).
- The examination period for students in the final years.
- The deadline for submission of the thesis (the thesis is only submitted in digital form to the IS Edison).
- The deadline for checking the studies for the final years (no later than 30 June 2020; for the substitute date – no later than 31 August 2020)
- The deadline for verifying final year students’ data in IS Edison
- Dates in the definition of the final state examination (FSE), the beginning and end of registering for the FSE, the beginning and end of the FSE.
- The specific date of the FSE for individual fields of study/degree programmes.
- The substitute date of the FSE – (no later than 30 September 2020).
- The deadline for checking the studies for the other years (no later than 31 August 2020).
- The deadline for verification of student data in IS Edison.
It still applies that teaching in the summer semester is only taking place in the remote form.
The new arrangement for the examination period of the summer semester is that the subject completion will also be done in remote form (credit, graded credit, examination, credit + examination).
Due to previously issued emergency measures of the Ministry and government regulations, it has already been decided that teaching at VSB-TUO will be provided in the form of distance learning by the end of the academic year 2019/2020. Therefore, the Rector stipulated that the personal presence of VSB-TUO students is permitted only to students in the final year of study, under these conditions:
- the consultation or examination can take place in the presence of a maximum of 15 people in a group (including students and the person providing the consultation or the examiner),
- laboratory, experimental or artistic work, especially for the realization of final theses within the study in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or doctoral degree programme can be carried out in the presence of a maximum of 15 people,
- clinical and practical teaching and practice.
Entry into the VSB-TUO premises for students in other years can be realized only in the case of individual visits to libraries and study rooms for the purpose of collecting or handing in study literature, and only in urgent cases and under the conditions specified in paragraph 3. In urgent cases, the Dean of the Faculty will decide on the entry of such students into the VSB-TUO premises and will inform the Rector of VSB-TUO, including the justification of the decision.
Students are allowed to participate in these forms of teaching, examination or other activity at the University only if the following conditions are met:
- they submit a written statutary declaration upon each entry:
- of the absence of symptoms of viral infectious disease in the past two weeks,
- they do not have any quarantine measure ordered at the given time,
- they are free of acute health problems corresponding to a viral infectious disease (e.g. fever, cough, shortness of breath, sudden loss of taste and smell, etc.).
The Statutory declaration is available on the University website. Students submit the Statutary declaration to the head of laboratory of the examiner.
- at the entrance to the building, laboratory ort he examination room:
- they disinfect their hands, while the disinfectant is provided by the University,
- they must have a mandatory protection of the upper respiratory tract.