W E L C O M E
Before you enter to the Accommodation office…
After entering the Accommodation office you will be invited to submit your identity documents, and photo. We will check your identity, hand over the keys and issue your Accommodation Contract and Dormitory Card.
Dormitory Card (DC) is necessary to submit every time you enter the building!
After picking up the key and your DC you will go to the Rental of beddings…
You have obtained the bed-clothes. And now you will go to your room…
You are in your room. Is everything all right?...
When you move your things to the room, use space reasonably and remember that you will have 2 or 3 roommates.
Single accommodationYou can also apply for single accommodation. If the capacity allows, this might be assign to you. This is an additional service in case we have enough spaces available. For this reason it cannot be arrange in advance but can be arranged after moving in, if possible.
You have a room with the internet connection and you would like to use it…
- At the office you have received, among other, Guidelines to ensure the safety and health and fire prevention for the persons staying in the dorms VŠB-TUO.
- Kindly, read them very carefully in order to avoid penalties and other troubles. We would like to inform you that the whole area of university campus including the Hall of Residence area is non smoking. Smoking is permitted only in designated smoking-rooms. Please, keep SILENCE at night from 11 pm. to 6 am. and keep your rooms CLEAN and tidy.
Payment for accommodation
Accommodation is paid for the previous month (e.g. in October you pay for September). There are also some additional charges for services (like washing, visitor in rooms, penalties etc.) therefore we are unable to calculate the exact price in advance. But you can input some amount of money in advance if you like and the system will reduce the amount regularly every month according to the exact price.
The deadline for making the payment for current month is the 15th of following month. After this date you will be charged a penalty for late payment of 500 CZK.
You can pay by credit cards, by bank transaction (please note this can take a few days so be careful about the deadline) and in cash. The payment in cash is charged 50 CZK. The most convenient method of payment is credit debit service arranged via czech bank account (in czech "INKASO").
Services you can use...
Laundry/dryer rooms - each building. The key is at the reception. You must submit your DC.
- Laundry: 40 CZK / for 1 hour / in cash or from account
- Permanent “Laundry card”: 360 CZK / for 10 hours / in cash at the receptions
- Study rooms, Smoking- rooms
- Fitness centers, gyms, ping-pong
- Lending of the vacuum cleaner, irons
- Snack-bar, pizzeria