External Evaluation by the European University Association (EUA)
The international evaluation process at VSB-TUO commenced at the end of 2019, which, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, ran until January 2021, when the last of the two online visits of the evaluation team took place. The European University Association (EUA), with its Institutional Evaluation Programme (IEP) for the evaluation of tertiary education institutions, was selected, based on market research, for the evaluation of our University. The aim of this programme is to support higher education institutions, for which evaluators provide suggestions for improvement or the introduction of new tools for more effective management.
Evaluation panel members
The evaluation is carried out by a group of IEP experts - about 60 members from all over Europe. This includes current and former rectors and vice-rectors, students, and experts on higher education. Each evaluation team is carefully composed based on the priorities and profile of the institution and brings a diversity of expertise and background. The evaluation of VSB - TUO was led by a five-member panel:
- Prof. Sokratis Katsikas (Chairman of the IEP team; Norwegian University of Science and Technology)
- Lil Reif (Coordinator of the IEP team; expert for European and International RDI funding – the Austrian Research Promotion Agency)
- Prof. Francesc Xavier Grau Vidal (Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Spain)
- Anna Klampfer (Master’s student – Technical University of Ostrava; Officer for Quality Assurance – ÖH – Austrian National Students' Union)
- Prof. Brian Norton (Technological University Dublin, Ireland)
Prior to the visit, the evaluation team were provided with a self-evaluation report that focused on the following areas as per IEP guidelines:
- Institutional governance and decision-making,
- Quality culture,
- Teaching and learning,
- Service to society,
During two online visits, the evaluation team members met with the management of the University, faculties, institutes and departments, with academic and research staff, with students at all levels of study at selected faculties (FEI, FMT, FBI, EKF), and external industrial partners. The outcome of the whole evaluation is the evaluation report, which is available for download here.