|Course Unit Code||711-0303/26|
|Number of ECTS Credits Allocated||2 ECTS credits|
|Type of Course Unit *||Choice-compulsory|
|Level of Course Unit *||First Cycle|
|Year of Study *||First Year|
|Semester when the Course Unit is delivered||Summer Semester|
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-face|
|Language of Instruction||Czech, English, Russian|
|Prerequisites and Co-Requisites ||Course succeeds to compulsory courses of previous semester|
|Name of Lecturer(s)||Personal ID||Name|
|GUB30||PhDr. Olga Gubová|
|RAK0014||Mgr. Roman Rakowski, Ph.D.|
|The purpose of this course is to give basic information about political
science, its development, traditions, key terms, methods and theories. The
course dwells on the problems of ideologies, state, democracy, political
systems, political parties, political culture, human rights, international
relationships, political aspects of the european integration processes. Course
should give students basic knowledge abouot politics as well as the ability of
orientation in other particular courses.
|Learning Outcomes of the Course Unit|
|Student demonstrates basic knowledge in the area of internal and international politics. He can prove orientation in politics, based on the ability of independent judgment and is able, on the basis of knowledge of political science to understand the political situation in the Czech Republic, international politics and the European Union.|
|1.Politics and political science
2. The rise and development of political science
3. The definition of democracy, history and theory of democracy, representative democracy
4. The state, state forms over time. The state in modern political thought
5. Political system as set of institutions, political organizations, interest groups and the relationships between those institutions.
6. Political party, Nonpartisan, Single-party, two-party, and multi-party governments
7. The Voting system, aspects of voting systems, proportional and major voting system
8. The ideology as organized collection of ideas, history of the concept of ideology. Political ideology: liberalism, conservatism and socialism
9. Political culture of the nations, states, and other groups
10. Civil society and democracy
|Recommended or Required Reading|
HEYWOOD, Andrew. Political Ideologies. 2012 5th edition. Palgrave Macmillan
|HEYWOOD, Andrew) Politologie. 2008 Nakl. A.Čeněk, IBSVN 978-80-7380-115-1
PROROK,Vladimír, Lisa,Aleš Základy politologie. 2009.Nakl.A.Čeněk, ISBN: 978-80-7380-141-0
CÍSAŘ, Ondřej Politologie. 2005 M U. ISBN 80-210-3856-X
Heywood, A.: Political Theory. London 2007.
|JUDT, Tony. Postwar : a history of Europe since 1948-1990. 2010 London
JUDT,Tony, SNYDER, Timothy. Thinking the Twentieth Century. 2013 Palgrave MacMilan
|Bělohradský V. : Kapitalismus a občanské ctnosti, Praha 1992.
Dahrendorf, R.: Moderní sociální konflikt, Bratislava 1991.
Jodl, M.: Teorie elit, VŠE Praha 1994.
Klíma, M.: Volby a politické strany v moderních demokraciích, Radix 1998.
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods|
|Lectures, Seminars, Individual consultations, Tutorials|
|Assesment methods and criteria|
|Task Title||Task Type||Maximum Number of Points|
(Act. for Subtasks)
|Minimum Number of Points for Task Passing|
|Exercises evaluation||Credit||85 ||85|