|Course Unit Code||633-2006/01|
|Number of ECTS Credits Allocated||5 ECTS credits|
|Type of Course Unit *||Compulsory|
|Level of Course Unit *||First Cycle|
|Year of Study *||Third Year|
|Semester when the Course Unit is delivered||Winter Semester|
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-face|
|Language of Instruction||Czech, English|
|Prerequisites and Co-Requisites ||Course succeeds to compulsory courses of previous semester|
|Name of Lecturer(s)||Personal ID||Name|
|FAB37||doc. Ing. Richard Fabík, Ph.D.|
|The subject deals with technological aspects of open and closed die forging, pressing, stamping and sheet drawing. The subject is focused on description of recent trends of various technologies and on technologies used in Czech forges and stamping shops.|
|Learning Outcomes of the Course Unit|
|- Student will be able to describe the influence of forging on the macro and microstructure and mechanical properties of forgings
- Student will be able to describe the technological flow in forges and stamping shop, will focus on modern trends
- Student will understand the special technologies of forming
|1. Definition and meaning of open and closed die forging, the main differences.
2. Production and properties of forging ingots.
3. The development of macrostructure, microstructure and mechanical properties of forgings, stage of forging.
4. Basic operation of forging.
5. Die forging, semi-products and dies design.
6. Use of mathematical modeling in the design of forging process.
7. Facilities of forging shops.
8. Heat treatment of forgings (annealing, quenching and tempering).
9. Extrusion - definition, classification.
10. Horizontal and vertical extrusion presses.
11. Pressing and deep drawing of sheets.
12. Facilities of stamping shops.
13. Special forming technologies (SPD processes)
14. Forming with high speeds and high energies, using ultrasound and under vacuum.
|Recommended or Required Reading|
| ALTAN. T., S. OH and H. GEGEL. Metal forming – fundamentals and applications. Metals Park: ASM, 1983.|
 HAŠEK, V., aj. Kování. Praha: SNTL, 1965.
 ALTAN. T., S. OH and H. GEGEL. Metal forming – fundamentals and applications. Metals Park: ASM, 1983.
| SEMIATIN, S.L. et al. ASM handbook, Volume 14 – Forming and Forging. Metals park: ASM international, 1998.
| ŽÍDEK, M., V. DĚDEK and B. SOMMER. Tváření oceli. Praha: SNTL, 1988.
 SOMMER, B. Technologie tváření kovů. Skripta VŠB-TU Ostrava, 2003.
 ELFMARK, J. aj. Tváření kovů. Praha: SNTL, 1992.
 SEMIATIN, S.L. et al. ASM handbook, Volume 14 – Forming and Forging. Metals park: ASM international, 1998.
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods|
|Lectures, Tutorials, Experimental work in labs|
|Assesment methods and criteria|
|Task Title||Task Type||Maximum Number of Points|
(Act. for Subtasks)
|Minimum Number of Points for Task Passing|
|Credit and Examination||Credit and Examination||100 ||51|
| Credit||Credit|| |
| Examination||Examination|| |