|Course Unit Code||542-0373/20|
|Number of ECTS Credits Allocated||4 ECTS credits|
|Type of Course Unit *||Compulsory|
|Level of Course Unit *||First Cycle|
|Year of Study *||First Year|
|Semester when the Course Unit is delivered||Summer Semester|
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-face|
|Language of Instruction||Czech|
|Prerequisites and Co-Requisites ||Course succeeds to compulsory courses of previous semester|
|Name of Lecturer(s)||Personal ID||Name|
|JAR60||Ing. Mária Jarolimová, Ph.D.|
|KOU05||Ing. Jaroslava Koudelková, Ph.D.|
|The course deals with key issues in the field of occupational health and safety, occupational hygiene and fire protection. It provides a general overview of the principles of safe work and acquaints the students with legislation on health and safety at work. It explains the risks of the working environment, their effects, assessment and minimization in the working environment, including the risks of major accidents and industrial accidents. Furthermore, students obtain the necessary information from the field of fire protection, organization of fire protection units, their intervention activities, technical equipment and fire prevention.|
|Learning Outcomes of the Course Unit|
|The goal of the subject is to create the ability of students to understand and interpret learned information in the field of labour safety and fire protection.|
|1.Introduction to the subject „Occupational safety and fire protection“. Basic concepts. History of occupational safety. Types of partial safety and its characteristics. Current concept of OSH. Occupational safety. Rights and duties of employees in occupational safety.
2. Education and training for health and safety, types of training, periods of training. Professional consultants of the employer in the field of OHS. Qualified person in risk prevention.
3.Accidents at work. Definition of work injury. Procedure for solving and compensation of work injury, compensation of damages, exemption of employer's liability for the damage incurred.
4. Problems of work risks. Risk management. Search, evaluate and eliminate risks.
5. Categorization of work and workplaces, risk factors, risky work. Health problems and occupational diseases.
6.Personal protective equipment, classification and specification of PPE. Technical requirements for PPE, use and maintenance of PPE.
7.Documentation of health and safety at work. Safety and workplace signs. Rules for the placement of safety signs at the workplace. Tasks and authorizations of state professional supervision bodies and organizations.
8. Influence of human factor on work process safety. Work ability of man. Neuropsychic characteristics of workers and possibilities of its influence. Work and rest mode to safety level.
9. Occupational health and safety management system in the company - a tool for implementation of security system.
Emergency events, emergency plan, its nature and content. Accident reporting. Emergency planning.
10. Legislation in the field of fire protection. Basic duties of all “entrepreneurs” in the field of fire protection. Obligations of natural persons in the field of fire protection.
11. Fire protection training. Types of training, training periods. Professional consultants of the employer in the field of fire protection.
12.The process of burning. Combustion products, risks, effects on human organism. What to do in case of fire, rules of conduct in case of fire.
13. Physical means of fire protection. Distribution of material assets of fire protection. Fire prevention classes. Preventive educational activities, the most common cause of fire in the home, the most common cause of fire in nature.
14.Documentation of fire protection. Description of individual types of fire protection documentation. Integrated rescue system of the Czech Republic and its components. Intervention of IRS in liquidation of extraordinary events.
|Recommended or Required Reading|
|HARMS,L.: Safety analysis : principles and practice in occupational safety.
CRC Press, c2001 - xi, 265 s. : il. ISBN 0-415-23655-X
BRAUER, L.: Safety and Health for Engineers. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2006, ISBN: 9780471291893
|NEUGEBAUER,Tomáš.Bezpečnost a ochrana zdraví při práci v kostce, neboli, O čem je současná BOZP. 2. aktualizované a rozšířené vydání. Praha: Wolters Kluwer, 2016. ISBN 978-80-7552-106-4.
JANÁKOVÁ, Anna. Abeceda bezpečnosti a ochrany zdraví při práci. 5. rozš. vyd.Olomouc: ANAG, c2011. ISBN 978-80-7263-685-3.
KVARČÁK, Miloš. Základy požární ochrany. V Ostravě: Sdružení požárního a bezpečnostního inženýrství, 2005. ISBN 80-86634-76-0.
COTE, A.:Fire protection handbook. National Fire Protection Association, 1997, ISBN 0-87765-377-1
|HOPKINS, A.: Managing Major Hazard. Allen & Unwin, Canbera, 1999,
ISBN 1 86508 702 5
|KROUPA, Břetislav. Požární ochrana: praxe ve firmě. Praha: ASPI, 2003. ISBN 80-86395-85-5.
ŠVANCARA, Pavel. Základní zásady BOZP ; Požární ochrana. Praha: Cech sádrokartonářů České republiky, 2002.
KOPECKÝ, Karel a Jiří FRANC. Požární ochrana a bezpečnost v praxi: otázky a odpovědi. Praha: Grada Publishing, 2004. ISBN 80-247-0729-2
WARING, A.: Safety management systems. Ashgate,2008, ISBN 978-0-7546-7304-0
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods|
|Lectures, Seminars, Individual consultations, Tutorials, Project work|
|Assesment methods and criteria|
|Task Title||Task Type||Maximum Number of Points|
(Act. for Subtasks)
|Minimum Number of Points for Task Passing|
|Graded credit||Graded credit||100 ||51|