About study programme
Bachelor study at the Faculty of Economics, VŠB-TU Ostrava takes three years. It is completed by the state bachelor exam and defense of the bachelor thesis. Successful graduates are awarded the Bachelor's degree - Bc.
Applicants who have completed at least secondary school leaving exams (“Decision on the recognition of equivalence (validity) of a foreign certificate in the Czech Republic”) can apply for bachelor study programs at the Faculty of Economics at VŠB-TU Ostrava and have demonstrated their knowledge of the English language by submitting a proof of language proficiency. IELTS 5.0 score tests; TOEFL 62 Internet Scores (possible other same level certificates). Candidates prepare a cover letter to study.
After completing the bachelor's degree program in Finance, graduates may continue in their studies in the Master's degree program in Finance, or choose from other economic oriented programs with economic orientation at this level of study.
Graduates will find the positions in middle-level management in financial departments and in financial management in manufacturing, business, government, commercial and investment banks, insurance companies, financial and tax advisors.
- economist in corporate sector, non-profit organizations, municipalities,
- financial manager (middle level management)
- financial and tax advisor
- bank specialist
- investment broker,
- insurance broker,
- personal banker,
- banking and insurance advisor
- investment advisor,
- Personal Finance Advisor
- Tax Officer
- Financial Administration Worker
- an employee of financial and other government departments.
The aim of the bachelor's study program Finance is to prepare qualified professionals who will be able to perform specialized duties and managerial positions in finance in middle management. The study is focused and profiled especially with regard to the employment of graduates in the whole spectrum of corporate governance, especially in financial departments and in financial management of non-financial institutions (manufacturing and trading enterprises, government administration) and financial institutions (commercial and investment banks, investment companies, insurance companies) and in the activities of financial and tax advisors.
The graduate will obtain the knowledge that allow them to perform independently and practically qualified activities, to deal with middle-level management issues from corporate financial management, financial analysis, cost and cost management, investment decision-making, tax, commercial and investment banking, insurance and public finance. The content of the study is particularly focused to gain the knowledge in the following areas:
- financial management and financial decision-making,
- cost management, costing, pricing
- accounting and taxes
- financial markets
- commercial and investment banking, insurance.
Graduates will acquire skills and will be able to:
- carry out financial analysis
- perform the financial decision-making
- assess the investment projects,
- prepare cost plans and analysis and create pricing
- understand and apply the managerial accounting,
- understand the principles of taxation and tax systems, banking and insurance market
- get inside of the management of commercial banks, investment companies, mutual funds and insurance companies.