|Course Unit Code||330-0302/02|
|Number of ECTS Credits Allocated||5 ECTS credits|
|Type of Course Unit *||Choice-compulsory|
|Level of Course Unit *||First Cycle|
|Year of Study *|
|Semester when the Course Unit is delivered||Winter Semester|
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-face|
|Language of Instruction||Czech, English|
|Prerequisites and Co-Requisites ||Course succeeds to compulsory courses of previous semester|
|Name of Lecturer(s)||Personal ID||Name|
|POD10||doc. Ing. Jiří Podešva, Ph.D.|
|BIL59||Mgr.Ing. Alena Bilošová, Ph.D.|
|POR05||doc. Ing. Zdeněk Poruba, Ph.D.|
|MAW007||Ing. Pavel Maršálek, Ph.D.|
|In the module Dynamics I, students will become familiar with the basic relations and principles of movement and action of forces between rigid bodies.
The module deals with following areas :
- kinematics and dynamics of a particle,
- kinematics and dynamics of a body,
- kinematics and dynamics of a mechanisms,
- basics of technical vibration.
|Learning Outcomes of the Course Unit|
|The students will acquire the knowledge of the fundaments of the mass particle, rigid body and mechanism motion with respect to the acting forces.
The students will understand the terms from dynamics and the patterns of the motion.
The students will be able to apply the knowledge for the solution of specific technical problems.
The students will learn to analyze the state of the mechanical structure from the motion point of view.
|1. Kinematics of the particle. Basic rules. Basic kinds of motion from time behavior point of view.
2. Dynamics of the particle. The equation of motion, d'Alembert principle. The rules of change.
3. The curvilinear motion of particle.
4. Dynamics of the system of particles.
5. The rigid body motion, the types of motions. The kinematics and dynamics of translation. The kinematics of rotation.
6. The dynamics of rotation, the moments of inertia.
7. The general plane motion, kinematics. The kinematic geometry, the pole of the motion. The centre of curvature. The analytical solution of kinematics.
8. The general plane motion, kinematics. The superposition of translation and rotation. The theory of simultaneous motions. Dynamic of the general plane motion.
9. Mechanisms, classification, joints, types of mechanisms.
10. The mechanisms with constant speed ratio, kinematics.
11. The mechanisms with constant speed ratio, dynamics. The free body diagram method, the equivalent motion method.
12. Free vibration with one degree of freedom.
13. Forced vibration with one degree of freedom.
14. The dynamics of relative motion, the theory of impact, reactive motion.
|Recommended or Required Reading|
|Riley, William Franklin, Sturges, Leroy D. : Engineering mechanics: Dynamics,
John Wiley and Sons, inc., New York, 1993, ISBN 0 - 471 - 51242 - 7
|1. Brát,V.,Rosenberg,J.,Jáč,V.: Kinematika. SNTL/ALFA, Praha, 1987.
2. Podešva,J.: Kinematika. VŠB-TUO, Ostrava, 2001.
3. Podešva,J.: Dynamika v příkladech. VŠB-TUO, Ostrava, 1999.
4. Podešva,J.: Dynamics, učební texty, https://www.fs.vsb.cz/export/sites/fs/330/.content/files/dynamika_1_EN_Dynamics-Podesva.pdf
5. Riley,W.F., Sturges,L.D.: Engineering Mechanics - Dynamics. John Wiley&Sons,
inc., New York, 1996.
|Bedford A., Fowler W. : Dynamics. Addison Wesley Longman, 1996, Addison Wesley Longman Limited, Edinburgh Gate, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2JE, England, ISBN 0-201-40341-2.|
|1. Brousil,J.,Slavík,J.,Zeman,V.: Dynamika. SNTL/ALFA, Praha, 1989.
2. Riley,W.F., Sturges,L.D.: Engineering Mechanics - Dynamics. John Wiley&Sons,
inc., New York, 1996.
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods|
|Assesment methods and criteria|
|Tasks are not Defined|