|Course Unit Code||361-0508/01|
|Number of ECTS Credits Allocated||4 ECTS credits|
|Type of Course Unit *||Choice-compulsory|
|Level of Course Unit *||Second Cycle|
|Year of Study *|
|Semester when the Course Unit is delivered||Winter Semester|
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-face|
|Language of Instruction||Czech, English|
|Prerequisites and Co-Requisites |
|Prerequisities||Course Unit Code||Course Unit Title|
|Name of Lecturer(s)||Personal ID||Name|
|MIK08||doc. Ing. Jiří Míka, CSc.|
|JAN13||Ing. Radim Janalík, CSc.|
|PAV641||Ing. Petr Pavlík, Ph.D.|
|Piston combustion engines, ideal working cycles, Power output, termal
efficiency. Four-stroke and two-stroke engine. Construction combustion
engines, preparation of fuel. Construction cylinder, piston, cranked
mechanism. Valve gears, ignition device, cooling, lubrication. Construction
mobile and stationary engine. Service characteristics, dynamic and load
characteristic, regulation. Combustion Enginesand dispraise specific fuel
consumption. supercharging. Ekology of operation, emissions. Catalytic
|Learning Outcomes of the Course Unit|
|Introduce students with bases theory, construction
and operation combustion motors for road and railway's transport and
stationary aggregate for energetics
|1. Fuel and combustion, fuels for combustion engines. Basics of theory combustion. Static of combustion process
2. Kinetic of combustion process. Principal function of combustion engine. Ideal cycles of combustion engine in diagrams p-v a T-s. Theoretical power output and thermal efficiency of ideal cycles combustion engine.
3. Idealized cycles. Progress of calculation
4. Continue dealized cycles. Progress of calculation
5. Real cycles, indicator diagram. Real power output and efficiency. Specific parameters heat balance of engine. Waste heat using
6. Supercharging of engine, tapes of realization, Indicator diagrams end comparing.
7. Operational characteristics combustion engine and driven unit. Loading operational characteristics for stationary engines. Speed characteristics motors for mobile engine.
8. Connection between torque moment motor and moment of load moment driven machine. Tractive characteristics loco engine. Economy of engine running. Reducing consumption fuelling
9. Design of engine block, cylinder, piston, crank mechanism. Analysis strength and dynamic effects on cranked mechanism.
10. Fuel preparation. Carburetors, injection system at spark ignition engine and Diesel engines. Convertor at gas motors ignition mixtures firing by air. Ignition devices, adjustment.
11. Four-stroke engine valve mechanism of combustion engine. Circle diagram. Power control, requirements, manners, economy running. Cooling and lubrication.
12. Construction automobile and railway’s engine. Construction stationary engine in power engineering. Combined heat and power unit. Servicing engines. Wankel engine. Engines with outer combustion.
13. Testing and adjusting of engines.Emission of combustion motor, influence on life environment. Formation CO, NOx and HC. Reducing of emissions. Catalyzes. Legislative.
|Recommended or Required Reading|
|Moran, M.J., Shapiro, H.N.: Fundamental of Engineering Thermodynamics. 2nd
ed. New York: John Wiey&Sons,Inc.,1992. ISBN 0471076813.
Haisler H.: Advanced engine technology, Oxford : Butterworth-Heinemann, c
1995, ISBN 0-340-56822-4
|Trnka, Urban: Spalovacie motory I. Vydavatelství Alfa Bratislava , 1992.
Kysela,Tomčala:: Spalovací motory I. Skripta. Katedra energetiky VŠB. 2003.
Kysela,Tomčala:: Spalovací motory II. Skripta. Katedra energetiky VŠB. 2004.
|Ferguson, Colin R :Internal combustion engines, New York : John Wiley & Sons, 1986
Míka, J.:Thermal Motors
|Macek, Suk: Spalovací motory I.: Skripta ČVUT Praha 2000..|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods|
|Lectures, Individual consultations, Tutorials, Other activities|
|Assesment methods and criteria|
|Tasks are not Defined|