|Course Unit Code||224-0229/02|
|Number of ECTS Credits Allocated||5 ECTS credits|
|Type of Course Unit *||Choice-compulsory|
|Level of Course Unit *||First Cycle, Second Cycle|
|Year of Study *|
|Semester when the Course Unit is delivered||Summer Semester|
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-face|
|Language of Instruction||Czech, English|
|Prerequisites and Co-Requisites |
|Prerequisities||Course Unit Code||Course Unit Title|
|224-0201||Soil and Rock Mechanics|
|Name of Lecturer(s)||Personal ID||Name|
|VOJ50||doc. Ing. Karel Vojtasík, CSc.|
|The content of the course are the next topics: terminology, classification of geotechnical constructions, in detail there are on display geotechnical subterranean and on earth surface constructions and respective geotechnical structures that are indispensable part of them. Attention is given to the all kind of geotechnical circumstances under which the constructions are realized and further to the methods and technologies of their implementation, and to the necessary geotechnical structures, which are indispensable part of them.|
|Learning Outcomes of the Course Unit|
|Objective of the course in terms of learning outcomes and competences is to provide students with the basics to all kind of geotechnical subterranean and on earth surface constructions and respective geotechnical structures that are indispensable part of them. Students acquires sufficient knowledge to be familiar in the topic of geotechnical constructions, that are necessary for their professional work and further development of acquired knowledge by self-study from professional literature.|
|1. Introduction, definition of terms geotechnical engineering and geotechnical construction, classification of geotechnical construction.
2. State of stress in the rock environment, earth pressures.
3. Excavated geotechnical construction, retaining walls of excavations, analysis of retainnig structures.
4. Filled geotechnical construction, compaction, consolidation, soil reinforcement, retaining structures. Bearing capacity of soil, stability of the embankment body, design retaining structures.
5. Failure of slopes, trenches, embankments, building foundation structures and methods for their remediation.
6. Earthworks and earthandling machinery.
7. Construction method of horizontal and vertical underground works.
8. State of stress around an underground excavation works, the deformation characteristics of rock mass characteristics, the work diagram of the lining structure of an underground work.
9. Classification systems for ground rock evaluation.
10. New Austrian Tunnelling Method.
11. Mikrotuneling and trenchless technology.
12. Tunnel portal and overfilled structures.
13. Engineeringy geology investigation, monitoring, observational method for geotechnical construction.
14. Modeling, risks assessment and environmental impact of geotechnical construction.
|Recommended or Required Reading|
|SMOLCZYK,U.(2003) Geotechnical Engineering Handbook, Vol.3 Elements and
KOLYMBAS,D.(2005) Tunnelling and Tunnel Mechanics. Springer
|Aldorf, J. a kol.: Geotechnické stavby. Učební text. ES VŠB Ostrava 1984
Hulla, J., Turček, P.: Zakladanie stavieb. Jaga Group, Bratislava 1998, ISBN
Klepsatel, F., Kusý, P., Mařík, L.: Výstavba tunelů ve skalních horninách.
Jaga Group, Bratislava 2003, ISBN 80-88905-43-5
|Ivan Vanicek, I., Ivan Vanicek, M.: Earth Structures In Transport, Water and Environmental Engineering. Springer, Berlin 2008, ISBN: 978-1-4020-3963-8
|Rozsypal, A.: Kontrolní sledování v geotechnice. Jaga Group, Bratislava
2001, ISBN 80-88905-44-3
Hulla, J, Turček, P., Baliak, F., Klepsatel, F.: Predpoklady a skutočnosť v
geotechnickom inžinierstve. Jaga Group, Bratislava 2002, ISBN 80-88905-42-7
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods|
|Lectures, Tutorials, Project work|
|Assesment methods and criteria|
|Tasks are not Defined|