|Course Unit Code||440-4112/02|
|Number of ECTS Credits Allocated||4 ECTS credits|
|Type of Course Unit *||Optional|
|Level of Course Unit *||Second Cycle|
|Year of Study *|
|Semester when the Course Unit is delivered||Summer Semester|
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-face|
|Language of Instruction||Czech, English|
|Prerequisites and Co-Requisites ||Course succeeds to compulsory courses of previous semester|
|Name of Lecturer(s)||Personal ID||Name|
|GAJ10||Dr. Ing. Libor Gajdošík|
|The subject is focused on the basic electronic circuits in the radio frequency area. Firstly are expained the basic types of the modulations and their properties, the properties of the real devices at high frequencies, selective filters used in the radio frequency area. After that are explained the circuits of the electronic oscillators, mixers, high frequency amplifiers, frequency multipliers, modulators and demodulators and their possibilities of the using in radio receivers and transmitters.|
|Learning Outcomes of the Course Unit|
|To make familiary the students with the basic electronic circuits used in the radio frequency area.|
1. Active and pasive devices, equivalent circuits with parasitic elements.
2. Resonant circuit and its RF properties. Basics of resonant measuring instruments.
3. RF filters.
4. RF wideband and narrowband amplifiers. Miller capacitance. Parasitic coupling compensation.
5. Function blocks, elementary types of RF oscillators.
6. Modulations of AM, FM, PM. Heterodyne, intermediate frequency, image frequency.
7. Y and S parameters. Definitions, Conversions.
8. Frequency mixers and frequency multipliers. Amplitude limiters.
9. Function blocks, modulators, demodulators, Gilbert cell.
10. RF operational amplifirs, CFA, OTA, current and voltage feedback.
11. Microwave circuits, waveguides, microstrips, YIG.
12. RF circuit analyse methods. Smith chart derivation.
13. Special devices for RF technics, SRD, HEMT, IMPATT, TRAPATT, TWT, klystron, magnetron.
14: Noise in RF circuits, elementary terms.
1. Safety instructions. Calculations of device equivalent circuits. Project assignment - RF oscillator design.
2. Laboratory exercise. Measurement of frequency properties of coil, condenser and resonant circuit.
3. Laboratory exercise. Measurement of frequency characteristic of coupled resonant circuit and ceramic filter.
4. Laboratory exercise. Measurement of the Miller capacitance influence to the frequency characteristic of amplifier.
5. Theory exercise. Antialiasing filter design.
6. Laboratory exercise. Verification of AM and FM properties by generator and FFT oscilloscope.
7. Test 1.
8. Laboratory exercise. Measurement of frequency mixer and frequency multiplier by FFT oscilloscope.
9. Theory exercise. Criteria of stability in circuits. Examples.
10. Laboratory exercise. Frequency characteristic measurement of OTA based amplifier.
11. Laboratory exercise. Measurement in waveguide at 10 GHz.
12. Evaluation of assigned project.
13. Test 2.
|Recommended or Required Reading|
|Storey N.: Electronics : a systems approach, Pearson Education, Harlow, 2013|
| Žalud V.: Moderní radioelektronika, BEN Praha, 2008
Gajdošík L.: Počítačová identifikace obvodů, VŠB Ostrava, 2008
|Tietze U., Schenk Ch., Gamm E.: Electronic circuits : handbook for design and application, Springer, Berlin, 2008
|Prokeš A.: Rádiové přijímače a vysílače přednášky, VUT Brno, 2002
Syrovátka B.: Rádiové přijímače a vysílače, ČVUT Praha, 2005
Syrovátka B.: Elektronika a přenos zpráv, ČVUT Praha, 1983
Syrovátka B.: Teorie a stavba elektronických zařízení, ČVUT Praha, 1976
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods|
|Lectures, Tutorials, Experimental work in labs|
|Assesment methods and criteria|
|Tasks are not Defined|