|Course Unit Code||450-2032/06|
|Number of ECTS Credits Allocated||3 ECTS credits|
|Type of Course Unit *||Optional|
|Level of Course Unit *||First Cycle, Second Cycle|
|Year of Study *|
|Semester when the Course Unit is delivered||Winter, Summer Semester|
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-face|
|Language of Instruction||Czech, English|
|Prerequisites and Co-Requisites ||Course succeeds to compulsory courses of previous semester|
|Name of Lecturer(s)||Personal ID||Name|
|HOR02||doc. Ing. Bohumil Horák, Ph.D.|
|VAL47||Ing. David Vala|
|Practically oriented subject in the theoretical part acquaints students with the problems of construction technologies and structures in electronics / electrotechnics. The practical part of the subject emphasizes the use of computers for the design and production of design prototypes. The student is practically acquainted and acquires skills in manipulation with technologies for PCB production, assembling and soldering, resuscitation and diagnostics and technologies of design and production of simple mechanical components by rapid prototyping methods. The graduate will be able to use CAD and CAM tools to prepare production documentation, manipulate production technologies within workplaces and implement knowledges and skills to the prototype of the electronic module and its technical documentation.|
|Learning Outcomes of the Course Unit|
|The aim of the course is to provide the students with basic theoretical knowledge but above all basic practical skills from technologies of production of electronic / electromechanic constructions with computer supported design and manufacturing. From design of single-layer PCBs, their production, preparation for assembly, assembly and in circuit test diagnostics up to realization of basic techical and production documentation.|
1. Selected issues from technical documentation. Standardized groups and elements. Standardization and unification. Structural, type and geometric optimization.
2. Design CAD systems, CAM and CIM connectivity for electronics, electrotechnics and electromechanics. Aspects of design of electronic devices, design principles of PCB theme, manufacturability, testability, safety and reliability. PCBs, operating influences, connections and limitations of mechanical dimensions, used technologies and materials.
3. PCB production technology, production preparation, technology and production quality. PCB production specifications.
4. Technology of dismountable and non-disambiguable connections. Connection and attachment of components and components to PCBs. Gluing-, soldering- and welding- technologies. The relationship between used technologies. Soldering, materials, process, technology, principles.
5. PCB connection and mounting in systems. Conductors, cables, conductive and non-conductive connections, connectors. The relationship between the structural elements used and the mechanical units. Casing. Environmental influences. Surface finishes. Operational-technological layers. Technology. Background.
6. Measurement and diagnostics of electronic modules.
7. Recycling. Wastes. Selected contexts. Environmental protection. Legislation.
- Preparation and implementation of a technical drawing from the sketch of the electronic circuit using CAD.
- Preparation and realization of the PCB theme based on the geometry of the electronic module using CAD.
- Preparation and realization of technical, logistic and production technological documentation for PCB implementation using the photolithography method and delivery organization of related components.
- Preparation and realization of processes for photolithography. Production of templates.Chemical proces. Mechanical cutting, machining - drilling, milling, grinding and surface coatings. Passivating surfaces, masks. Soldering preparation, soldering materials.
- Preparation, installation and assembling of electronic components in PCBs.
- Preparation and realization of a mechanical element based on geometry sketching using CAD. Preparation of technical and production documentation.
- Preparation and realization of the mechanical element by rapid prototyping.
- Diagnostics of the realised electronic module by ICT.
- Final assembly, recovery, setup and verification of performance.
- Final realization of prototype technical documentation.
• Excursion at prototype workplaces TUO (CPIT, FMMI, FS)
• Excursion at the workplaces of PCB production /electronic modules processing.
|Recommended or Required Reading|
|Carmen Capillo. Surface Mount Technology: Materials, Processes, and Equipment. McGraw-Hill, 1989. 347 pages. ISBN 9780070097810|
|Horák, B. a kol.: Základy konstrukčních technologií v elektronice. Učební text a návody do cvičení. VŠB-TU Ostrava, 2012
Abel, M.: SMT : Technologie povrchové montáže. vyd.1.Pardubice:Platan,2000.246 s.il. ISBN 80-902733-1-9
|Prasad, R.: Surface Mount Technology: Principles and Practice. Springer; 2nd edition (March 31, 1997). 772 pages. ISBN 978-0412129216
|Záhlava, V.: Metodika návrhu plošných spojů. Skripta ČVUT, Praha 2000
Šťastný, J., Třeštík, B. a kol.: Manuál technické dokumentace. Kopp, České Budějovice 2009 ISBN 978-80-7232-352-4
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods|
|Lectures, Individual consultations, Experimental work in labs, Project work, Other activities|
|Assesment methods and criteria|
|Tasks are not Defined|