|Course Unit Code||635-3051/01|
|Number of ECTS Credits Allocated||6 ECTS credits|
|Type of Course Unit *||Optional|
|Level of Course Unit *||Second Cycle|
|Year of Study *|
|Semester when the Course Unit is delivered||Winter Semester|
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-face|
|Language of Instruction||Spanish|
|Prerequisites and Co-Requisites ||Course succeeds to compulsory courses of previous semester|
|Name of Lecturer(s)||Personal ID||Name|
|JAN57||Ing. Dalibor Jančar, Ph.D.|
|Review of building and constructional materials. Reaction of refractory
materials with corrosive agents. Thermal and static calculations of
constructions. Technology of production and repair of linings. Refractory
constructions. Furnace linings at production and processing of metals. Furnace
linings in the ceramic industry, in the production of building materials and
glass. Linings of furnaces and thermal devices in the chemical industry, energy and other branches. Furnaces and thermal devices - putting into operation.
|Learning Outcomes of the Course Unit|
|Student will be able to characterize the fundamental principles of the use of refractory and thermal - insulation materials, characterize the specific types of furnaces linings and heating aggregates with regard to producing technology which are in progress inside of them and student will be able to design lining for furnaces and aggregates in metallurgy and mechanical engineering, kilns and dryers in the ceramic industry, glass furnaces, kilns in the chemical industry and heat aggregates in power engineering based on mentioned knowledge.
In addition, student will be introduced to the analysis of phase relationships in refractory materials due to corrosion and mechanical, chemical and thermal stresses that will be able to include into the body of knowledge in the process of design of lining construction.
The course also introduces the technology of manufacturing of refractory shaped and unshaped materials and repair technologies.
Based on this knowledge, student will be able to not only determine the overall composition of aggregate lining in terms of technological operations, but also suggest lining, which will have the highest life in the light of the economic budget of the company.
1. Production and technological requirements for linings of furnaces and heating equipment.
2. Principles of the use of refractory materials – decision-making point of view at design of lining.
3. Analysis of the consumption of refractory materials in various industrial sectors (metallurgy of ferrous and nonferrous metals, chemical industry, glass, construction materials and matters).
4. Basic refractories for furnace construction and its characteristics - shape and unshaped construction materials, thermal insulation materials.
5. Influence of insulation in the lining, the basic thermo-technical properties of refractory materials (thermal conductivity, specific heat capacity, viscosity, density, bulk density).
6. Surface conditions - calculation of the overall heat transfer coefficient on the outside of the lining - the use of criteria equations and equations for radiation heat transfer.
7. Thermal work of linings – solving of the temperature field of lining in a time- steady and unsteady state, one-sided heating, heating throughout the volume, continuous and cyclic heating, 1 and 2 Fourier's law, initial and surface conditions.
8. Solution unidirectional non-stationary temperature field in an infinite plate and in an infinite cylinder for various marginal conditions (q = const.; tarea = const; tsurf = const.; tsurf = f (time); tarea = f (time), etc.).
9. Corrosion effect on the lining and actions to its prevent - study of the interaction between slag and refractory materials (Application of ternary diagrams), a lining cooling.
10. Technology of making the linings. Linings of dense shaped material, unshaped building materials, lightweight and fibrous materials. Refractory monolithic linings. Anchoring and hanging of lining.
11. Lining construction of particular metallurgical aggregates (VP, hot blast, pig iron mixer, converter, tandem furnace, EAF, electric induction furnaces, etc.).
12. Lining construction in the secondary metallurgy (ladles, tundish + shielding and immersion tube, equipment vacuum treatment of steel, etc.).
13. Lining construction of furnaces in ceramic, glass industry and energetics (dryer of matters, chamber furnace, tunnel furnaces, shaft and rotary kilns for firing of raw materials, glass melting furnaces).
14. Repair of lining - lining repair technology "cold" and "hot" (shotcreting, slag splashing, slag coating, etc.), ways of increasing the life of a furnaces lining and thermal devices.
1.Statistical analysis of multivariate data, linear and polynomial regression - using the least squares method for approximating the dependencies.
2. Extended use of built-in features of MS Excel - f-ing IF, LOOKUP, INDEX, MATCH, BESSELJ
3. Surface conditions - Calculation of the overall heat transfer coefficient on the outside of the lining - the use of criteria
equations and equations for radiation heat transfer.
4. Solution of temperature field lining - Stationary temperature field one-dimensional (plane wall, cylindrical, spherical). The use of iterative methods.
5. Energy Balance - calculating enthalpy linings.
6. Solution unidirectional unsteady temperature field in an infinite plate for various boundary conditions (q = const.;
TPR = const; tpov = const.; tpov = f (time); TPR = f (time), etc.).
7. Solution unidirectional unsteady temperature field in an infinite cylinder for various boundary conditions (q = const.;
TPR = const; tpov = const.; tpov = f (time); TPR = f (time), etc.).
8. The calculation procedure of transcendental equations (graphically, numerically), Bessel functions.
9. Solution of unsteady temperature field for 3D shapes (cuboid, prism, cylinder).
10. Numerical methods (finite difference method).
11. Using macros in Excel - View card developer, creating macros, use the controls.
12. The cost of programming in VBA - Sub / Function, variable declarations, create your own formulas, creating
13. Excursion blast furnace
|Recommended or Required Reading|
| ROUTSCHKA, Gerald. Refractory materials: Basics – Structures –Properties. 2nd Ed. Essen: Vulkan Verlag, 2004. ISBN 3-8027-3154-9.
 TALER, Jan, DUDA, Piotr. Solving Direct and Inverse Heat Conduction Problems.Springer Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2006. 889 s. ISBN 978-3-540-33470-5.
| FRÖHLICHOVÁ, Mária, TATIČ, Miroslav. Žiaruvzdorné materiály v čiernej metalurgii. Košice: TU, 2012. ISBN 978-80-553-0906-4.
 STAROŇ, Jozef, TOMŠŮ, František. Žiaruvzdorné materiály: Výroba, vlastnosti a použitie. Revúca: SLOVMAG, 2000.
 TICHÝ, Oldřich. Tepelná technika pro keramiky. 1. vyd. Praha: Silikátová společnost České republiky, 2004. ISBN 80-02-01570-3.
 PŘÍHODA, Miroslav, RÉDR, Miroslav. Sdílení tepla a proudění. 2. vyd. Ostrava: VŠB-TU Ostrava, 2008. ISBN 978-80-248-1748-4.
| TALER, J., DUDA, P. Solving Direct and Inverse Heat Conduction Problems. Springer Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2006. ISBN 978-3-540-33470-5.|
| PŘÍHODA, M., HAŠEK, P. Hutnické pece. 2. vyd. Ostrava: VŠB, 1987.
 WALKENBACH, J. Microsoft Office Excel 2007: Vzorce a výpočty. 1. vyd. Brno: Computer Press, 2008. ISBN 978-80-251-1765-1.
 WALKENBACH, J. Microsoft Office Excel 2007: Programování ve VBA. 1. vyd. Brno: Computer Press, 2008. ISBN 978-80-251-2011-8.
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods|
|Lectures, Individual consultations, Project work|
|Assesment methods and criteria|
|Tasks are not Defined|