|Course Unit Code||117-0567/02|
|Number of ECTS Credits Allocated||4 ECTS credits|
|Type of Course Unit *||Choice-compulsory|
|Level of Course Unit *||First Cycle|
|Year of Study *|
|Semester when the Course Unit is delivered||Summer Semester|
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-face|
|Language of Instruction||English|
|Prerequisites and Co-Requisites ||Course succeeds to compulsory courses of previous semester|
|Name of Lecturer(s)||Personal ID||Name|
|PS150||Ing. Yvetta Pšenková, Ph.D.|
|HAK30||Ing. Jana Hakalová, Ph.D.|
|PAL36||Ing. Marcela Palochová, Ph.D.|
|RAN03||Ing. Kateřina Krzikallová, Ph.D.|
|The aim of the course is to explain the fundamentals of accounting and taxation of business entities according to the applicable legal regulations in the Czech Republic in English. Student should acquire knowledge in English from professional accounting and tax issues and should be able to use and apply the given professional terminology in English language.|
|Learning Outcomes of the Course Unit|
|1. To emphasize the importance of accounting as the enterprise financial management tool.
2. To feature the importance of accounting operation in individual areas of accounting.
3. To explain the differences of accounting and tax conception of costs and revenues.
4. To clarify the connection and the impact of accounting operation to disclosed financial statements.
1. Accounting system
2. Accounting concepts
3. Long-term tangible and intangible assets
4. Depreciation and amortization of long-term assets
6. Cash, bank accounts, deposits, cash equivalents
8. Equity and Liabilities
9. Sales (revenues) and Income, expenses (cost)
10. Primary financial statements
11. Primary financial statements
|Recommended or Required Reading|
|ACCOUNTING LEGISLATION IN 2012. Accounting Act, Decree on Double-Entry Accounting, Czech Accounting Standards, Act on Auditors. Prague: Trade Links, 2012. 459 p. |
|HOVORKOVÁ, Martina. English for Accounting (B2). 5. vyd. Plzeň: Fraus, 2007. 65 s. ISBN 978-80-7238-604-8.
PASEKOVÁ, Marie. Financial Accounting I. Study Tool for the Distance learning. 1. vyd. Zlín: Univerzita Tomáše Bati ve Zlíně, Academia centrum.171 s. ISBN 978-80-7318-573-2.
|CZECH TAXATION IN 2012. Volume I. Income Taxes, Reserves, Valuation, Investment Incentives. Prague: Trade Links, 2012. 426 p.|
|Finance a účetnictví Angličtina (český jazyk) [Médium CD]. 1. vyd. Ostrava: Eddica. ISBN 40-624-5041-0.|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods|
|Assesment methods and criteria|
|Tasks are not Defined|