Conditions of access of employees and students to the workplace and other internal areas of VSB-TUO after returning from abroad
From 9 July 2021, every employee and student who has stayed abroad for more than 12 hours in the last 14 days is obliged, in accordance with the relevant Measure of the Ministry of Health, to provide proof of a negative test or other proof of infection-free status (proof of vaccination, proof of having undergone COVID-19) to the employer or educational institution upon return from abroad. The current measure regulating this obligation is available on the website of the Ministry of Health.
The method of proving infection-free status is linked to the country from which the person is returning; countries are divided into low, medium, high, very high and extreme risk of COVID-19). Lists of these countries can be found, for example, on https://covid.gov.cz or on Ministry of Health. The rules for returning to the Czech Republic are also clearly listed on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
All employees and students of VSB-TUO who have returned from the territory of countries on the list of low-risk, medium-risk, high-risk, or very high-risk countries with regard to COVID-19 (staying more than 12 hours in the last 14 days, or 24 hours if it is a neighbouring country) and are not exempted from the obligation to prove themselves by the test, must fulfil the following obligations:
- the obligation to inform VSB-TUO of this fact. The employee shall inform his/her superior. The student staying in the VSB-TUO accommodation facility shall inform the person authorized by the accommodation facility director;
- the obligation to provide proof of a negative antigen test from a healthcare provider within the last 48 hours or a negative PCR test within the last 72 hours depending on the country from which the employee returned, or the means of transport used).
Upon arrival at VSB-TUO, employees perform the above-mentioned duties in relation to their superior, students to the employee in charge of the faculty. Without proof of a negative test, attendance at the workplace or at a class or examination is not possible. A student staying in the accommodation facility of the VSB-TUO shall submit the test result to the person authorized by the director of the accommodation facility. Individual cases are to be handled by the faculty and unit heads or their representatives in their absence.
In the case of sending an employee on a business trip to countries with a low or medium, high or very high risk of COVID-19, the costs of the SARS-CoV-2 test before entering the Czech Republic, or other mandatory testing associated with returning from abroad, will be covered by VSB-TUO as part of the business trip settlement.
Exempted from the requirement to provide proof of testing are employees and students, who:
- they have had COVID-19 disease and at least 11 days and not more than 180 days have elapsed since the first positive RT-PCR test, and they provide a certificate of COVID-19 disease or a written medical certificate with the information specified in the Measure in Article III.8 or III.8a
- they have completed vaccination (i.e. at least 14 days have elapsed since the second vaccination dose of the two-dose schedule or since the vaccination dose in the case of a single-dose schedule) and provide evidence of this (the vaccinated person must provide proof of having received a national certificate of vaccination against COVID-19 issued in the Member States of the European Union, in accordance with the requirements set out in the Measure)
or in the case of
- a cross-border employee or student who legitimately crosses the state border with the Czech Republic at least once a week for the purpose of work (does not apply to those coming from countries at extreme risk of COVID-19)
and shows no symptoms of COVID-19.