|Course Unit Code||340-0322/01|
|Number of ECTS Credits Allocated||4 ECTS credits|
|Type of Course Unit *||Choice-compulsory|
|Level of Course Unit *||First Cycle|
|Year of Study *|
|Semester when the Course Unit is delivered||Summer Semester|
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-face|
|Language of Instruction||Czech, English|
|Prerequisites and Co-Requisites ||Course succeeds to compulsory courses of previous semester|
|Name of Lecturer(s)||Personal ID||Name|
|KOV12||doc. Dr. Ing. Ladislav Kovář|
|Content of Design Training lessons is design elaboration of submited machine
design concept, or structural element of specific equipment (machinery).
Students start from structural and design base, from literary and patent
background research of given problem and from theoretic piece of knowledge,
which they acquired during previous studies. They will try these findings and
knowledges actively apply to given constructional problems. Students will
elaborate final report of design training which include technical report,
computational part and graphical documentation.
|Learning Outcomes of the Course Unit|
|Students will improve their skills actively apply piece of knowledge, which they gain over a period of previous studies at solving of particular constructional problems.
They improve in methodical access and skills to analyze and consequently to solve given constructional problem.
|Design training (DT) programme:
1. Design training (DT) submission, meet graphical documentation and background papers, study literature (books, patents, magazines, standards) - continuously.
2. DT processing. - 1. verification
3. DT processing.
4. DT processing.
5. DT processing. - 2. verification
6. DT processing.
7. DT processing.
8. DT processing. - 3. verification
9. Finish processing and DT handover.
„DT processing“ includes:
1. Complete acquaint oneself with particular equipment that the submission is concerned :
a) identification with literature background papers and accessible informations
b) meet factual equipment in operation – if is that a possible to
2. Processing of all accessible groundwork and draw the conclusion for solving give task
3. Fulfilment technological and technical calculations and design solution
4. Very design processing task - elaboration of graphical documentation
5. Processing technical news :
a) text part with technical description himself equipment and its function
b) computing part
|Recommended or Required Reading|
| Study literature will be recommended depending on DT submission theme.
 SW equipment for mechanical parts design, computational programs on computer classroom
 firm (trade) publications, standards and guidelines according to charakter of the submission.
|1. Studijní literatura bude doporučena v závislosti na tématu zadání KC.
2. SW vybavení pro navrhování strojních dílů, výpočtové programy na počítačových učebnách
|Standards, machine parts catalogs, technical and machinist tables and firm publications - according to character of submission.
I-DEAS Student Guide, Structural Dynamics Research Corporation, ISBN 0-9638178-4-1 Exploring I-DEAS Design Volume I, manual
 CATIA Version 5, Service Pack user’s Documentation
 HAROLD A. ROTHBART : Mechanical design handbook . New York , McGraw-Hill 1996. 1380 s. ISBN 0-07-054038-1
|Normy, katalogy strojních částí, technické a strojnické tabulky a firemní
literatura - dle charakteru zadání.
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods|
|Individual consultations, Tutorials, Project work, Other activities|
|Assesment methods and criteria|
|Tasks are not Defined|