|Course Unit Code||9360-0193/02|
|Number of ECTS Credits Allocated||3 ECTS credits|
|Type of Course Unit *||Optional|
|Level of Course Unit *||First Cycle, Second Cycle|
|Year of Study *|
|Semester when the Course Unit is delivered||Summer Semester|
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-face|
|Language of Instruction||Czech, English|
|Prerequisites and Co-Requisites ||Course succeeds to compulsory courses of previous semester|
|Name of Lecturer(s)||Personal ID||Name|
|LEG0015||Ing. Dominik Legut, Ph.D.|
|This subject prepares participant for the processing and manipulation large data files. This concerns not only the work with HPC supercomputers, but also to manipulate date of daily life. Participant will learn how to work with files of million lines or million columns or files as large as several GBi.|
|Learning Outcomes of the Course Unit|
|It allows students to process large data of GBi-TBi dimensions, its manipulation and analysis. |
|This subject prepares participant for the processing and manipulation large data files and prepares to work with HPC supercomputers. Participatn will learn to work with files of million lines or columns or files as large as several GBi.
1. Unix(linux) commands for data manipulation in command line prompt
2. Handling text data and editing in unix, Vi-editor, Nano, midnight commander etc.
3. Introduction to scripting in Bash, for and while loops, etc.
4. Introduction to Awk, manipulation of data
5. How to exploit simple mathemtics in command line
6. Awk, formats of data I/O (formated input and output)
7. Basics of Ed and Sed, replacing strings, more complex constructions
8. Advance methods - Introduction to Perl
9. Perl II
10. Regular syntax I
11. Regular synax II
12. Data manipulation to and from HPC systems, dispaly forwarding, usage of scheduler and batch jobs
13. - 14. Practical sessions
|Recommended or Required Reading|
|http://becksteinlab.physics.asu.edu/pages/unix/IntroUnix/vim_basics.html for unix and vi, sed etc.
http://cs.lmu.edu/~ray/notes/bash/ for bash
https://www.tutorialspoint.com/awk/index.htm for awk
P. Satrapa, Necortex 2001, ISBN:80-86330-02-82.
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods|
|Lectures, Tutorials, Project work|
|Assesment methods and criteria|
|Tasks are not Defined|