|Course Unit Code||345-0501/07|
|Number of ECTS Credits Allocated||6 ECTS credits|
|Type of Course Unit *||Choice-compulsory|
|Level of Course Unit *||Second Cycle|
|Year of Study *|
|Semester when the Course Unit is delivered||Winter Semester|
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-face|
|Language of Instruction||Czech, English|
|Prerequisites and Co-Requisites ||Course succeeds to compulsory courses of previous semester|
|Name of Lecturer(s)||Personal ID||Name|
|MOH37||doc. Ing. Petr Mohyla, Ph.D.|
|Influence of inside structure of material and of material properties on course
technological process. Influence of technological process on change of material
structure and material properties. Thermal treatment of the material.
Influence of technology on damage of material. Elastic and plastic behaviour
of material. Fatigue and fracture of material. Corrosion of materials. Diffusion
in material. Influence technology of cutting, of forming, of welding, of heat
processing, of surface treatment and corrosive environment.
|Learning Outcomes of the Course Unit|
|Obtaining of knowledges about influence of inside structure and quality materials
on course technological process and knowledges of influence technological
process - cutting, forming, welding, heat treatment, surface treatment - on
changes of inside structure and quality materials.
1. Internal structure of metals and its influence on technological processes
2. Crystallographic lattice defects and their influence on technological processes
3. Plastic deformation of metals and alloys
4. Recrystallization processes of metals and alloys
5. Diffusion in metals and alloys
6. Effect and utilization of diffusion in technological processes
7. Phase transformations in metals and alloys, equilibrium diagrams
8. Behavior of materials at elevated temperatures, creep, relaxation
9. Fractures of engineering materials
10. Fracture mechanics, linear-elastic fracture mechanics
11. Corrosion, impact of environment on material properties changes
12. Theory of heat treatment of metals
13. Theory of Welding Technology
14. Theory brazing technology
1. Preliminary exercises
2. Equilibrium diagrams
3. System iron - carbon
4. Production of iron and steel
5. Designation of steels
6. Heat treatment of steel
7. Structural changes before and after heat treatment
8. Non-destructive testing of steel
9. Mechanical testing of steel
10. Metallography and other quality testing of steel
11. Cast irons
12. Brittle fracture properties
13. Final test and evaluation exercises
|Recommended or Required Reading|
|KELLY, A., GROVES, G. W., KIDD, P. Crystallography and Crystal Defects. Wiley, John and Sons, Incorporated, 2000, 486pp.
BEKE, D. L., SZABO, I. A. Diffusion and Stresses. Scient. Publications,
Limited, 1996, 356pp.
FUENTES, M., SEVILLANO, J. G. Recrystallization. Trans Tech Publications,
Limited, 1992, 752pp.
HERTZBERG, R. W. Deformation and Fracture Mechanics of Engineering Materials.
Wiley, John and Sons, Incorporated, 1995, 786pp.
MATTSSON, E. Basic Corrosion Technology for Scientists and Engineers, 2nd Ed. IOM/Maney Publishing, 1999, 224pp.
|MOHYLA, M.: Teorie technologických procesů. Učební texty. VŠB - TUO,
|NALWA, H. S.: Nanostructured Materials and Nanotechnology. Academic Press, 2002|
|SEDLÁČEK, V. a kol.: Zotavení a rekrystalizace. Academia Praha, 1985
ČÍHAL, V.: Mezikrystalová koroze ocelí a slitin. SNTL, Praha, 1984
KRATOCHVÍL, P.; LUKÁČ, P.; SPRUŠIL, B.: Úvod do fyziky kovů I. SNTL/ALFA,
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods|
|Lectures, Tutorials, Experimental work in labs|
|Assesment methods and criteria|
|Tasks are not Defined|